Louis Roederer Scholarship for the Champagne Master-Level Program
The Wine Scholar Guild, world leader in French wine education, announces the launch of its comprehensive distance-learning study and certificate program on the wines of Champagne in February 2015!
This is an in-depth course of study conducted at the master-level and is designed for the wine trade and advanced students of wine.
Five Louis Roederer scholarships to this program (a $475 value each) are available to wine writers/bloggers. Selection will be based on the most informative and creative article/blog on the wines of Champagne.
Who can participate?
This competition is open to all wine journalists and wine bloggers who wish to gain a deeper understanding of this iconic wine region.
Application and Selection:
Write and publish a 500 to 700-word article in English on the following topic: Beyond Bubbles: The Essence of Champagne. Please, do not include brand names within the text.
Study under true Champagne experts
- History, Geology, Topography, Soils & Climate
- Grapes, Viticulture & Winemaking
- Balance, Blending and House Styles
- Vintage, Prestige & Icon Cuvées
- Sub-Regions & Terroirs
- Wine Law
- Economics & Marketing
- Myths, Legends & Future Trends
- Champagne’s Who’s Who
- How to Taste Champagne; Champagne with Food
- Champagne within the World of Sparkling Wine
Distance learning coupled with live classroom & tasting!
- Preparatory reading assignments, online study modules and review quiz
- Seventeen live webinars (which are recorded for on demand replay)
- Full-color study manual & tasting assignments to accompany each lecture
- Online, proctored exam sit
- Access to instructors via the Q&A forum