Rick Fisher, our Spanish Wine Scholar Program™ Developer, recently returned from New York City where he was attending the 24th annual Spain’s Great Match, the nation's leading Spanish wine event organized by the Trade Commission of Spain in conjunction with Wines From Spain.
With almost half of Spain’s Denominations of Origin represented, the event featured more than 300 wines with food pairings from some of New York’s top Spanish restaurants.
In addition, a number of seminars were conducted highlighting Spain’s lesser-known grape varieties, wines from Rioja and Castilla y León, and a very special preview of Cava’s newest quality designation, Cava de Paraje Calificado.
Keep checking back as we prepare for our Fall 2018 launch of the highly anticipated Spanish Wine Scholar™ program!
- Spanish Wine Scholar Program
- The Ten Best Spanish Red Wines: A Beginner’s Guide
- Spanish Wine 101
- The Wines of Rioja with Sarah Jane Evans MW
- The Key Red Grapes of Spain with Lucas Payà
- The Key White Grapes of Spain with Sommelier Lucas Paya
BY Julien Camus
Founder & President @ Wine Scholar Guild