Rick Fisher, our Spanish Wine Scholar Program™ Developer, recently returned from New York City where he was attending the 24th annual Spain’s Great Match, the nation's leading Spanish wine event organized by the Trade Commission of Spain in conjunction with Wines From Spain.
With almost half of Spain’s Denominations of Origin represented, the event featured more than 300 wines with food pairings from some of New York’s top Spanish restaurants.
In addition, a number of seminars were conducted highlighting Spain’s lesser-known grape varieties, wines from Rioja and Castilla y León, and a very special preview of Cava’s newest quality designation, Cava de Paraje Calificado.
Keep checking back as we prepare for our Fall 2018 launch of the highly anticipated Spanish Wine Scholar™ program!
BY Julien Camus
Other Blog Entries:
- The Ten Best Spanish Red Wines: A Beginner’s Guide Written on Tuesday, 14 November 2017 10:34
- The Ten Best French Red Wines: A Beginner’s Guide Written on Tuesday, 14 November 2017 09:58
- The Ten Best French White Wines: A Beginner’s Guide Written on Tuesday, 14 November 2017 09:13
- Harmonious Balance in Sangiovese: Ruminations on a Tuscan Taste Written on Tuesday, 17 October 2017 09:16
- Sarah Graham-Beck reports live from our 2017 Bordeaux Wine Study Trip Written on Tuesday, 03 October 2017 03:16
- PODCAST: Pascaline Lepeltier MS's Loire with Andrew Jefford... really good schist! Written on Friday, 21 July 2017 10:01
16 of Pascaline's Top Producer Picks in the Loire Valley
- Wine and Food of the Loire Valley Written on Monday, 10 July 2017 08:06
- Bourgogne Wine Tour Up Close and Personal Written on Wednesday, 28 June 2017 09:41