Rick Fisher, our Spanish Wine Scholar Program™ Developer, recently returned from New York City where he was attending the 24th annual Spain’s Great Match, the nation's leading Spanish wine event organized by the Trade Commission of Spain in conjunction with Wines From Spain.
With almost half of Spain’s Denominations of Origin represented, the event featured more than 300 wines with food pairings from some of New York’s top Spanish restaurants.
In addition, a number of seminars were conducted highlighting Spain’s lesser-known grape varieties, wines from Rioja and Castilla y León, and a very special preview of Cava’s newest quality designation, Cava de Paraje Calificado.
Keep checking back as we prepare for our Fall 2018 launch of the highly anticipated Spanish Wine Scholar™ program!
- Spanish Wine Scholar Program
- The Ten Best Spanish Red Wines: A Beginner’s Guide
- Spanish Wine 101
- The Wines of Rioja with Sarah Jane Evans MW
- The Key Red Grapes of Spain with Lucas Payà
- The Key White Grapes of Spain with Sommelier Lucas Paya
BY Julien Camus
Founder & President @ Wine Scholar Guild
Other Blog Entries:
- Wine Scholar Guild at SommCon DC This July! Written on Monday, 14 May 2018 09:04
- Lisa Airey, WSG Education Director, Knighted by French Government Written on Thursday, 03 May 2018 12:01
- Vin Santo, A Truly Great Dessert Wine from Tuscany Written on Thursday, 19 April 2018 11:11
- Rick Fisher: Up Close and Personal Written on Thursday, 19 April 2018 10:51
7 Reasons to Study Bordeaux + Buying Tips
Why study Bordeaux?
- PODCAST: Jane Anson & Andrew Jefford on Bordeaux Written on Friday, 23 March 2018 04:22
- Seven Things You Might Not Know About Rhône Wines Written on Thursday, 01 March 2018 12:15
- Vin Jaune: Time in a Bottle Written on Wednesday, 28 February 2018 12:21
- The Grapes of Châteauneuf-du-Pape Written on Wednesday, 28 February 2018 12:09