Master of Wine Jane Hunt is interviewed by Decanter Magazine’s Andrew Jefford about Tuscany and its wines. Jane has a long, distinguished career in various aspects of the wine trade, and will be leading a Wine Scholar Guild immersion tour through some of the legendary Tuscan wine estates.
“Wine is a liquid food,” she tells us, and it is an essential part of daily Italian life. Jane would know, as she spends half her year living in Italy, and she speaks fluent Italian.
In this 35-minutes Italian wine learner’s go-to episode on Tuscany, Jane shares with Andrew her invaluable knowledge of – and passion for – great Italian wines as well as insights on the growers, grapes, and wine styles. Jae also offers an informative primer for the upcoming Tuscany Study Tour (May 27 - June 1, 2018).
Subscribe & listen to WSG Podcasts on iTunes
Produced by Valerie Caruso, DWS, CWE, FWS
MEMORIES FROM OUR 2017 TUSCANY WINE TOUR:
Learn more about our May 2018 Tuscany Study Trip with Jane Hunt MW
BY Julien Camus
Founder & President @ Wine Scholar Guild
Other Blog Entries:
- Spanish wine maps by Quentin Sadler Written on Saturday, 21 July 2018 01:34
- A Guide to Recent Barolo and Barbaresco Vintages Written on Wednesday, 18 July 2018 06:19
- 1st WSG Educator Trip to Italy - June 2018 Written on Friday, 29 June 2018 06:04
- Wine Scholar Guild at SommCon DC This July! Written on Monday, 14 May 2018 09:04
- Lisa Airey, WSG Education Director, Knighted by French Government Written on Thursday, 03 May 2018 12:01
- Vin Santo, A Truly Great Dessert Wine from Tuscany Written on Thursday, 19 April 2018 11:11
- Rick Fisher: Up Close and Personal Written on Thursday, 19 April 2018 10:51
7 Reasons to Study Bordeaux + Buying Tips
Why study Bordeaux?
- PODCAST: Jane Anson & Andrew Jefford on Bordeaux Written on Friday, 23 March 2018 04:22