Master of Wine Jane Hunt is interviewed by Decanter Magazine’s Andrew Jefford about Tuscany and its wines. Jane has a long, distinguished career in various aspects of the wine trade. She leads the Wine Scholar Guild immersion tours through some of the legendary Tuscan wine estates.
“Wine is a liquid food,” she tells us, and it is an essential part of daily Italian life. Jane would know, as she spends half her year living in Italy, and she speaks fluent Italian.
In this 35-minutes Italian wine learner’s go-to episode on Tuscany, Jane shares with Andrew her invaluable knowledge of – and passion for – great Italian wines as well as insights on the growers, grapes, and wine styles. Jane also offers an informative primer for the upcoming Tuscany Study Tour (May 26 - 31, 2019).
Subscribe & listen to WSG Podcasts on iTunes
Produced by Valerie Caruso, DWS, CWE, FWS
MEMORIES FROM OUR 2017 TUSCANY WINE TOUR:
Learn more about our May 2019 Tuscany Study Trip with Jane Hunt MW
BY Julien Camus
Founder & President @ Wine Scholar Guild
Other Blog Entries:
- Wine Scholar Guild Top Exam Scorers for 2018 Written on Thursday, 25 April 2019 03:57
- The 2017 Vintage in France, a 'new normal' Andrew Jefford Written on Wednesday, 24 April 2019 04:29
- A new logo for French, Italian and Spanish Wine Scholar graduates Written on Monday, 01 April 2019 07:59
- Common Knowledge: Photosynthesis Written on Sunday, 31 March 2019 11:08
- PODCAST: Julien Camus on "Wine Scholar Guild: behind the scenes" Written on Wednesday, 13 March 2019 10:42
- INTERVIEW: Ettore Donadeo from Caplan Wine Academy (Tokyo, Japan) Written on Wednesday, 06 March 2019 03:07
- Top 10 things to see & do in Bordeaux - Not all about wine ! Written on Friday, 01 March 2019 08:24
- POLL: Location for WSG's 15th Anniversary Symposium Written on Wednesday, 27 February 2019 04:12
- PODCAST: Andrew Jefford on "Wine Education, Wine Writing, the Business of Wine, and a Fresh Look at the Loire" Written on Tuesday, 26 February 2019 04:52
- 2018 Wine Scholar Guild Awards Written on Monday, 25 February 2019 06:10