Master of Wine Jane Hunt is interviewed by Decanter Magazine’s Andrew Jefford about Tuscany and its wines. Jane has a long, distinguished career in various aspects of the wine trade. She leads the Wine Scholar Guild immersion tours through some of the legendary Tuscan wine estates.
“Wine is a liquid food,” she tells us, and it is an essential part of daily Italian life. Jane would know, as she spends half her year living in Italy, and she speaks fluent Italian.
In this 35-minutes Italian wine learner’s go-to episode on Tuscany, Jane shares with Andrew her invaluable knowledge of – and passion for – great Italian wines as well as insights on the growers, grapes, and wine styles. Jane also offers an informative primer for the upcoming Tuscany Study Tour (May 26 - 31, 2019).
Subscribe & listen to WSG Podcasts on iTunes
Produced by Valerie Caruso, DWS, CWE, FWS
MEMORIES FROM OUR 2017 TUSCANY WINE TOUR:
Learn more about our May 2019 Tuscany Study Trip with Jane Hunt MW
BY Julien Camus
Founder & President @ Wine Scholar Guild
Other Blog Entries:
- Andrew Jefford joins the Wine Scholar Guild as Academic Advisor Written on Wednesday, 06 February 2019 09:54
- Seasonal Wines for Valentines Written on Thursday, 31 January 2019 09:29
- INTERVIEW: Massimiliano Guerra, first ever 100% scorer on IWS program Written on Wednesday, 30 January 2019 03:00
- #WineScholar Instagram Contest Written on Wednesday, 23 January 2019 05:30
- PODCAST: Ciro Pirone on Italian Sparkling Wine Written on Saturday, 19 January 2019 03:36
- PODCAST: Lisa Airey on "Change is on the horizon in the Rhone" Written on Monday, 07 January 2019 11:31
Top 10 reasons students sign-up for French Wine Scholar
- A Guide to Lesser-known Tuscan Reds: From Carmignano to Montecucco Written on Thursday, 29 November 2018 09:10
- PODCAST: Andrew Jefford on Burgundy’s “Terroir Dreamland” Written on Wednesday, 14 November 2018 06:06
- INTERVIEW: Paul Miles, Executive Director at IWEG, a WSG provider in Toronto Written on Sunday, 04 November 2018 09:44