Decanter Magazine’s Andrew Jefford describes the diversity of the Languedoc-Roussillon region’s appellations, geography, and wine styles. Andrew is a Montpellier local, a webinar presenter for the guild, and an immersion trip leader. His enthusiasm for the region and its wines is as contagious as his expertise is vast.
“You have to be a bit crazy” to make great wines in the Languedoc, Andrew tells us. However, brilliant wine making is certainly being done on a level that puts some of these wines in competition with premium priced offerings from more well-known regions. He also provides sage advice on sorting through the vast array of styles and producers for those must-find jewels.
In less than 25 minutes, this interview provides a delightfully informative primer for the Languedoc-Roussillon wine study tour (October 14-19, 2018), where Andrew will be your trusty guide.
Subscribe & listen to WSG Podcasts on iTunes
(Interview by Valerie Caruso, DWS, CWE, FWS)
LEARN MORE ABOUT LANGUEDOC-ROUSSILLON WINES:
- Languedoc-Roussillon Wine Vintage Chart
- Languedoc-Roussillon Wine Study Trip with Andrew Jefford (Oct. 2018)
- Languedoc-Roussillon with Matthew Stubbs MW (Member Webinar)
- Carignan with Matthew Stubbs MW (Member Webinar)
BY Julien Camus
Founder & President @ Wine Scholar Guild
Other Blog Entries:
Top 10 reasons students sign-up for French Wine Scholar
- A Guide to Lesser Known Tuscan Reds: From Carmignano to Montecucco Written on Thursday, 29 November 2018 09:10
- PODCAST: Andrew Jefford on Burgundy’s “Terroir Dreamland” Written on Wednesday, 14 November 2018 06:06
- INTERVIEW: Paul Miles, Executive Director at IWEG, a WSG provider in Toronto Written on Sunday, 04 November 2018 09:44
- PODCAST: Peter Liem on Champagne Terroir - There's More to the Story Written on Wednesday, 31 October 2018 10:06
- PODCAST: Rick Fisher on Sherry and the SWS Program Written on Thursday, 11 October 2018 08:51
- INTERVIEW: Sharon McLean of Cru Consultancy, WSG provider in British Columbia Written on Friday, 05 October 2018 16:08
- Top Bordeaux restaurants with good wine lists Written on Thursday, 20 September 2018 04:20
- INTERVIEW: Sybille Troubleyn of WineWise in Belgium Written on Wednesday, 12 September 2018 04:12
- A Guide to Lesser Known Italian Red Wines: Trentino, Friuli Venezia Giulia and Sicily Written on Wednesday, 05 September 2018 07:54