Decanter Magazine’s Andrew Jefford describes the diversity of the Languedoc-Roussillon region’s appellations, geography, and wine styles. Andrew is a Montpellier local, a webinar presenter for the guild, and an immersion trip leader. His enthusiasm for the region and its wines is as contagious as his expertise is vast.
“You have to be a bit crazy” to make great wines in the Languedoc, Andrew tells us. However, brilliant wine making is certainly being done on a level that puts some of these wines in competition with premium priced offerings from more well-known regions. He also provides sage advice on sorting through the vast array of styles and producers for those must-find jewels.
In less than 25 minutes, this interview provides a delightfully informative primer for the Languedoc-Roussillon wine study tour (October 14-19, 2018), where Andrew will be your trusty guide.
Subscribe & listen to WSG Podcasts on iTunes
(Interview by Valerie Caruso, DWS, CWE, FWS)
LEARN MORE ABOUT LANGUEDOC-ROUSSILLON WINES:
- Languedoc-Roussillon Wine Vintage Chart
- Languedoc-Roussillon Wine Study Trip with Andrew Jefford (Oct. 2018)
- Languedoc-Roussillon with Matthew Stubbs MW (Member Webinar)
- Carignan with Matthew Stubbs MW (Member Webinar)
BY Julien Camus
Founder & President @ Wine Scholar Guild
Other Blog Entries:
- Wine meets food: Tomatoes and Sauvignon Blanc Written on Monday, 01 July 2019 10:19
- Best restaurants for your Bourgogne wine tour Written on Wednesday, 26 June 2019 08:47
- The Wines of Irpinia - Contemporary Excellence from an Ancient Territory Written on Monday, 24 June 2019 04:07
- PODCAST: Pascaline Lepeltier MS on the Loire, MOF, Pet-Nats & so much more! Written on Wednesday, 19 June 2019 09:31
- INTERVIEW: Gina Marano from Wine Academy of Las Vegas Written on Monday, 17 June 2019 07:55
- INTERVIEW: Christophe Mercier from Wine & Spirit IQ (Bangkok, Thailand) Written on Wednesday, 05 June 2019 11:48
- FREE: Webinar recording with Steven Spurrier and Andrew Jefford Written on Tuesday, 04 June 2019 04:24
- Visiting Bordeaux! How to plan and organize your Bordeaux wine tour Written on Friday, 17 May 2019 09:17
- PODCAST: Steven Spurrier on Académie du Vin Library, English Wine & more Written on Wednesday, 15 May 2019 08:31
- Common Knowledge: Estuary Written on Wednesday, 01 May 2019 06:12