Decanter Magazine’s Andrew Jefford describes the diversity of the Languedoc-Roussillon region’s appellations, geography, and wine styles. Andrew is a Montpellier local, a webinar presenter for the guild, and an immersion trip leader. His enthusiasm for the region and its wines is as contagious as his expertise is vast.
“You have to be a bit crazy” to make great wines in the Languedoc, Andrew tells us. However, brilliant wine making is certainly being done on a level that puts some of these wines in competition with premium priced offerings from more well-known regions. He also provides sage advice on sorting through the vast array of styles and producers for those must-find jewels.
In less than 25 minutes, this interview provides a delightfully informative primer for the Languedoc-Roussillon wine study tour (October 14-19, 2018), where Andrew will be your trusty guide.
Subscribe & listen to WSG Podcasts on iTunes
(Interview by Valerie Caruso, DWS, CWE, FWS)
LEARN MORE ABOUT LANGUEDOC-ROUSSILLON WINES:
- Languedoc-Roussillon Wine Vintage Chart
- Languedoc-Roussillon Wine Study Trip with Andrew Jefford (Oct. 2018)
- Languedoc-Roussillon with Matthew Stubbs MW (Member Webinar)
- Carignan with Matthew Stubbs MW (Member Webinar)
BY Julien Camus
Founder & President @ Wine Scholar Guild
Other Blog Entries:
- A new logo for French, Italian and Spanish Wine Scholar graduates Written on Monday, 01 April 2019 07:59
- Common Knowledge: Photosynthesis Written on Sunday, 31 March 2019 11:08
- PODCAST: Julien Camus on "Wine Scholar Guild: behind the scenes" Written on Wednesday, 13 March 2019 10:42
- INTERVIEW: Ettore Donadeo from Caplan Wine Academy (Tokyo, Japan) Written on Wednesday, 06 March 2019 03:07
- Top 10 things to see & do in Bordeaux - Not all about wine ! Written on Friday, 01 March 2019 08:24
- POLL: Location for WSG's 15th Anniversary Symposium Written on Wednesday, 27 February 2019 04:12
- PODCAST: Andrew Jefford on "Wine Education, Wine Writing, the Business of Wine, and a Fresh Look at the Loire" Written on Tuesday, 26 February 2019 04:52
- 2018 Wine Scholar Guild Awards Written on Monday, 25 February 2019 06:10
- Andrew Jefford joins the Wine Scholar Guild as Academic Advisor Written on Wednesday, 06 February 2019 09:54
- Seasonal Wines for Valentines Written on Thursday, 31 January 2019 09:29