Decanter Magazine’s Andrew Jefford describes the diversity of the Languedoc-Roussillon region’s appellations, geography, and wine styles. Andrew is a Montpellier local, a webinar presenter for the guild, and an immersion trip leader. His enthusiasm for the region and its wines is as contagious as his expertise is vast.
“You have to be a bit crazy” to make great wines in the Languedoc, Andrew tells us. However, brilliant wine making is certainly being done on a level that puts some of these wines in competition with premium priced offerings from more well-known regions. He also provides sage advice on sorting through the vast array of styles and producers for those must-find jewels.
In less than 25 minutes, this interview provides a delightfully informative primer for the Languedoc-Roussillon wine study tour (October 14-19, 2018), where Andrew will be your trusty guide.
Subscribe & listen to WSG Podcasts on iTunes
(Interview by Valerie Caruso, DWS, CWE, FWS)
LEARN MORE ABOUT LANGUEDOC-ROUSSILLON WINES:
- Languedoc-Roussillon Wine Vintage Chart
- Languedoc-Roussillon Wine Study Trip with Andrew Jefford (Oct. 2018)
- Languedoc-Roussillon with Matthew Stubbs MW (Member Webinar)
- Carignan with Matthew Stubbs MW (Member Webinar)
BY Julien Camus
Founder & President @ Wine Scholar Guild
Other Blog Entries:
- Top Bordeaux restaurants with good wine lists Written on Thursday, 20 September 2018 04:20
- New Approved Program Provider in Belgium: Meet Sybille Troubleyn Written on Wednesday, 12 September 2018 04:12
- A Guide to the Lesser Known Italian Red Wines: Trentino, Friuli Venezia Giulia and Sicily Written on Wednesday, 05 September 2018 07:54
- PODCAST: Maurizio Broggi on Northern Italy Written on Tuesday, 04 September 2018 07:06
- Meet Julien Boulard aka Zhulian... new FWS provider in China Written on Monday, 20 August 2018 00:30
- A Guide to the Lesser Known Italian Red Wines: Piedmont Written on Sunday, 12 August 2018 08:48
- Interview: Meet Alessandra Esteves, new WSG program provider & instructor in Miami, FL Written on Friday, 10 August 2018 06:12
- Interview: Meet EnoCultura, FWS program provider in Brazil Written on Tuesday, 31 July 2018 03:26
- Mapping Spain with Quentin Sadler Written on Saturday, 21 July 2018 01:34
- A Guide to Recent Barolo and Barbaresco Vintages Written on Wednesday, 18 July 2018 06:19