Decanter Magazine’s Andrew Jefford describes the diversity of the Languedoc-Roussillon region’s appellations, geography, and wine styles. Andrew is a Montpellier local, a webinar presenter for the guild, and an immersion trip leader. His enthusiasm for the region and its wines is as contagious as his expertise is vast.
“You have to be a bit crazy” to make great wines in the Languedoc, Andrew tells us. However, brilliant wine making is certainly being done on a level that puts some of these wines in competition with premium priced offerings from more well-known regions. He also provides sage advice on sorting through the vast array of styles and producers for those must-find jewels.
In less than 25 minutes, this interview provides a delightfully informative primer for the Languedoc-Roussillon wine study tour (October 14-19, 2018), where Andrew will be your trusty guide.
(Interview by Valerie Caruso, DWS, CWE, FWS)
LEARN MORE ABOUT LANGUEDOC-ROUSSILLON WINES:
- Languedoc-Roussillon Wine Vintage Chart
- Languedoc-Roussillon Wine Study Trip with Andrew Jefford (Oct. 2018)
- Languedoc-Roussillon with Matthew Stubbs MW (Member Webinar)
- Carignan with Matthew Stubbs MW (Member Webinar)
BY Julien Camus
Founder & President @ Wine Scholar Guild
Other Blog Entries:
- Seven Things You Might Not Know About Rhône Wines Written on Thursday, 01 March 2018 12:15
- Vin Jaune: Time in a Bottle Written on Wednesday, 28 February 2018 12:21
- The Grapes of Châteauneuf-du-Pape Written on Wednesday, 28 February 2018 12:09
- PODCAST: Jane Hunt, MW & Andrew Jefford on Tuscany Written on Tuesday, 06 February 2018 06:42
- PODCAST: Christophe Tassan & Andrew Jefford on the Rhône Written on Tuesday, 06 February 2018 06:07
- Cannelés of Bordeaux - A kitchen tested recipe that delivers a very good version Written on Monday, 22 January 2018 11:05
- 2017 Brought Changes To The Way We Look At Bourgogne Wines Written on Wednesday, 20 December 2017 11:47
- Wine Scholar Guild Up Close and Personal - Lisa Airey on the Wine Two Five Podcast! Written on Monday, 20 November 2017 06:17
- The Ten Best Spanish Red Wines: A Beginner’s Guide Written on Tuesday, 14 November 2017 10:34