Christophe Tassan is interviewed by Decanter Magazine’s Andrew Jefford about the Rhône Valley and its wines. “I was born in the dining room, in hospitality,” Christophe tells us, which seems appropriate, as this interview took place in a San Francisco restaurant around the corner from The Battery, where he is currently the wine director.
Born in Avignon, and having come of age alongside Rhône’s wine’s growing popularity over the last several decades, Christophe has literally mastered his craft. In 2004 he earned the distinction of Meilleur Ouvrier de France – Sommelier (MOF), France’s highest honor for sommeliers.
This is a 43-minute conversation covering historical and cultural aspects of the Northern and Southern Rhône regions, and the styles. Christophe says, “It’s better to understand the wine when you see where it comes from” as he teases the upcoming Rhône Study Tour (June 17-22, 2018).
Subscribe & listen to WSG Podcasts on iTunes
Produced by Valerie Caruso, DWS, CWE, FWS
BY Julien Camus
Founder & President @ Wine Scholar Guild
Other Blog Entries:
- Wine meets food: Tomatoes and Sauvignon Blanc Written on Monday, 01 July 2019 10:19
- Best restaurants for your Bourgogne wine tour Written on Wednesday, 26 June 2019 08:47
- The Wines of Irpinia - Contemporary Excellence from an Ancient Territory Written on Monday, 24 June 2019 04:07
- PODCAST: Pascaline Lepeltier MS on the Loire, MOF, Pet-Nats & so much more! Written on Wednesday, 19 June 2019 09:31
- INTERVIEW: Gina Marano from Wine Academy of Las Vegas Written on Monday, 17 June 2019 07:55
- INTERVIEW: Christophe Mercier from Wine & Spirit IQ (Bangkok, Thailand) Written on Wednesday, 05 June 2019 11:48
- FREE: Webinar recording with Steven Spurrier and Andrew Jefford Written on Tuesday, 04 June 2019 04:24
- Visiting Bordeaux! How to plan and organize your Bordeaux wine tour Written on Friday, 17 May 2019 09:17
- PODCAST: Steven Spurrier on Académie du Vin Library, English Wine & more Written on Wednesday, 15 May 2019 08:31
- Common Knowledge: Estuary Written on Wednesday, 01 May 2019 06:12