Ciro Pirone is the Director of Italian Wines for Horizon Beverage Group and will be teaching the next online Italian Wine Scholar course beginning in February. In under 30 minutes Ciro gives us the fascinating history of Italian sparkling wine production, and discusses key points on the spumante wines of Alta Langa. We also learn about the main grapes and styles of Lambrusco, and learn important distinctions between Asti DOCG and Moscato d’Asti DOCG.
Subscribe & listen to WSG Podcasts on iTunes
Ciro Pirone will be leading our next 15-week, instructor-led Italian Wine Scholar Unit 1 online program launching Feb. 25th 2019. Learn more.
Learn More About Italian Wines:
- Italian Wine Scholar study & certification program
- Tuscany Wine Study Tour with Jane Hunt MW
- Italian Wines Member Webinars
Master the wines of Northern Italy with Ciro Pirone! Italian Wine Scholar Unit 1, 15-week online instructor-led format starts Feb. 25th. Register HERE.
BY Pierre Freyermuth
Other Blog Entries:
- INTERVIEW: Rebecca Christophersen from Italian Wine Institute (Florence, Italy) Written on Tuesday, 13 August 2019 04:27
- Wine meets food: The spice cabinet toolbox Written on Wednesday, 31 July 2019 10:11
- Discover our newest study & certification program Written on Tuesday, 30 July 2019 05:12
- Spanish Wine Scholar™ program endorsed by Wines from Spain Written on Wednesday, 24 July 2019 07:50
- INTERVIEW: Jeni Wilson from Vintage Class (Aranda de Duero, Spain) Written on Thursday, 18 July 2019 08:17
- Wine meets food: Tomatoes and Sauvignon Blanc Written on Monday, 01 July 2019 10:19
- Best restaurants for your Bourgogne wine tour Written on Wednesday, 26 June 2019 08:47
- The Wines of Irpinia - Contemporary Excellence from an Ancient Territory Written on Monday, 24 June 2019 04:07
- PODCAST: Pascaline Lepeltier MS on the Loire, MOF, Pet-Nats & so much more! Written on Wednesday, 19 June 2019 09:31
- INTERVIEW: Gina Marano from Wine Academy of Las Vegas Written on Monday, 17 June 2019 07:55