Ciro Pirone is the Director of Italian Wines for Horizon Beverage Group and will be teaching the next online Italian Wine Scholar course beginning in February. In under 30 minutes Ciro gives us the fascinating history of Italian sparkling wine production, and discusses key points on the spumante wines of Alta Langa. We also learn about the main grapes and styles of Lambrusco, and learn important distinctions between Asti DOCG and Moscato d’Asti DOCG.
Subscribe & listen to WSG Podcasts on iTunes
Ciro Pirone will be leading our next 15-week, instructor-led Italian Wine Scholar Unit 1 online program launching Feb. 25th 2019. Learn more.
Learn More About Italian Wines:
- Italian Wine Scholar study & certification program
- Tuscany Wine Study Tour with Jane Hunt MW
- Italian Wines Member Webinars
Master the wines of Northern Italy with Ciro Pirone! Italian Wine Scholar Unit 1, 15-week online instructor-led format starts Feb. 25th. Register HERE.
BY Pierre Freyermuth
Other Blog Entries:
- Wine Scholar Guild Top Exam Scorers for 2018 Written on Thursday, 25 April 2019 03:57
- The 2017 Vintage in France, a 'new normal' Andrew Jefford Written on Wednesday, 24 April 2019 04:29
- A new logo for French, Italian and Spanish Wine Scholar graduates Written on Monday, 01 April 2019 07:59
- Common Knowledge: Photosynthesis Written on Sunday, 31 March 2019 11:08
- PODCAST: Julien Camus on "Wine Scholar Guild: behind the scenes" Written on Wednesday, 13 March 2019 10:42
- INTERVIEW: Ettore Donadeo from Caplan Wine Academy (Tokyo, Japan) Written on Wednesday, 06 March 2019 03:07
- Top 10 things to see & do in Bordeaux - Not all about wine ! Written on Friday, 01 March 2019 08:24
- POLL: Location for WSG's 15th Anniversary Symposium Written on Wednesday, 27 February 2019 04:12
- PODCAST: Andrew Jefford on "Wine Education, Wine Writing, the Business of Wine, and a Fresh Look at the Loire" Written on Tuesday, 26 February 2019 04:52
- 2018 Wine Scholar Guild Awards Written on Monday, 25 February 2019 06:10