Peter Liem talks with us about the progressive movement in Champagne. As we’ll discover in this conversation, there’s more to the terroir story than the chalk soils and the weather.
Peter is one of the esteemed guest instructors of the Wine Scholar Guild's Champagne Master-Level program.
He was the senior correspondent for Wine and Spirits, the Champagne consultant for the vaunted The World Atlas of Wine (7th Edition) by Hugh Johnson and Jancis Robinson; publisher of the award-winning ChampagneGuide.net, and his latest book is the James Beard Award winning Champagne: The essential guide to the wine producers and terroirs of the iconic region. He splits his time between New York and Champagne.
Subscribe & listen to WSG Podcasts on iTunes
Learn More About Champagne Wines:
BY Julien Camus
Founder & President @ Wine Scholar Guild
Other Blog Entries:
- Wine meets food: Tomatoes and Sauvignon Blanc Written on Monday, 01 July 2019 10:19
- Best restaurants for your Bourgogne wine tour Written on Wednesday, 26 June 2019 08:47
- The Wines of Irpinia - Contemporary Excellence from an Ancient Territory Written on Monday, 24 June 2019 04:07
- PODCAST: Pascaline Lepeltier MS on the Loire, MOF, Pet-Nats & so much more! Written on Wednesday, 19 June 2019 09:31
- INTERVIEW: Gina Marano from Wine Academy of Las Vegas Written on Monday, 17 June 2019 07:55
- INTERVIEW: Christophe Mercier from Wine & Spirit IQ (Bangkok, Thailand) Written on Wednesday, 05 June 2019 11:48
- FREE: Webinar recording with Steven Spurrier and Andrew Jefford Written on Tuesday, 04 June 2019 04:24
- Visiting Bordeaux! How to plan and organize your Bordeaux wine tour Written on Friday, 17 May 2019 09:17
- PODCAST: Steven Spurrier on Académie du Vin Library, English Wine & more Written on Wednesday, 15 May 2019 08:31
- Common Knowledge: Estuary Written on Wednesday, 01 May 2019 06:12