Peter Liem talks with us about the progressive movement in Champagne. As we’ll discover in this conversation, there’s more to the terroir story than the chalk soils and the weather.
Peter is one of the esteemed guest instructors of the Wine Scholar Guild's Champagne Master-Level program.
He was the senior correspondent for Wine and Spirits, the Champagne consultant for the vaunted The World Atlas of Wine (7th Edition) by Hugh Johnson and Jancis Robinson; publisher of the award-winning ChampagneGuide.net, and his latest book is the James Beard Award winning Champagne: The essential guide to the wine producers and terroirs of the iconic region. He splits his time between New York and Champagne.
Subscribe & listen to WSG Podcasts on iTunes
Learn More About Champagne Wines:
BY Julien Camus
Founder & President @ Wine Scholar Guild
Other Blog Entries:
- 10 fabulous facts about Loire Valley wines Written on Monday, 26 August 2019 04:45
- Wine meets food: The spice cabinet toolbox Written on Sunday, 25 August 2019 10:11
- INTERVIEW: Rebecca Christophersen from Italian Wine Institute (Florence, Italy) Written on Tuesday, 13 August 2019 04:27
- Discover our newest study & certification program Written on Tuesday, 30 July 2019 05:12
- Spanish Wine Scholar™ program endorsed by Wines from Spain Written on Wednesday, 24 July 2019 07:50
- INTERVIEW: Jeni Wilson from Vintage Class (Aranda de Duero, Spain) Written on Thursday, 18 July 2019 08:17
- Wine meets food: Tomatoes and Sauvignon Blanc Written on Monday, 01 July 2019 10:19
- Best restaurants for your Bourgogne wine tour Written on Wednesday, 26 June 2019 08:47
- The Wines of Irpinia - Contemporary Excellence from an Ancient Territory Written on Monday, 24 June 2019 04:07
- PODCAST: Pascaline Lepeltier MS on the Loire, MOF, Pet-Nats & so much more! Written on Wednesday, 19 June 2019 09:31