Peter Liem talks with us about the progressive movement in Champagne. As we’ll discover in this conversation, there’s more to the terroir story than the chalk soils and the weather.
Peter is one of the esteemed guest instructors of the Wine Scholar Guild's Champagne Master-Level program.
He was the senior correspondent for Wine and Spirits, the Champagne consultant for the vaunted The World Atlas of Wine (7th Edition) by Hugh Johnson and Jancis Robinson; publisher of the award-winning ChampagneGuide.net, and his latest book is the James Beard Award winning Champagne: The essential guide to the wine producers and terroirs of the iconic region. He splits his time between New York and Champagne.
Subscribe & listen to WSG Podcasts on iTunes
Learn More About Champagne Wines:
BY Julien Camus
Founder & President @ Wine Scholar Guild
Other Blog Entries:
- Visiting Bordeaux! How to plan and organize your Bordeaux wine tour Written on Friday, 17 May 2019 09:17
- Common Knowledge: Estuary Written on Wednesday, 01 May 2019 06:12
- Wine Scholar Guild Top Exam Scorers for 2018 Written on Thursday, 25 April 2019 03:57
- The 2017 Vintage in France, a 'new normal' Andrew Jefford Written on Wednesday, 24 April 2019 04:29
- A new logo for French, Italian and Spanish Wine Scholar graduates Written on Monday, 01 April 2019 07:59
- Common Knowledge: Photosynthesis Written on Sunday, 31 March 2019 11:08
- PODCAST: Julien Camus on "Wine Scholar Guild: behind the scenes" Written on Wednesday, 13 March 2019 10:42
- INTERVIEW: Ettore Donadeo from Caplan Wine Academy (Tokyo, Japan) Written on Wednesday, 06 March 2019 03:07
- Top 10 things to see & do in Bordeaux - Not all about wine ! Written on Friday, 01 March 2019 08:24
- POLL: Location for WSG's 15th Anniversary Symposium Written on Wednesday, 27 February 2019 04:12