Peter Liem talks with us about the progressive movement in Champagne. As we’ll discover in this conversation, there’s more to the terroir story than the chalk soils and the weather.
Peter is one of the esteemed guest instructors of the Wine Scholar Guild's Champagne Master-Level program.
He was the senior correspondent for Wine and Spirits, the Champagne consultant for the vaunted The World Atlas of Wine (7th Edition) by Hugh Johnson and Jancis Robinson; publisher of the award-winning ChampagneGuide.net, and his latest book is the James Beard Award winning Champagne: The essential guide to the wine producers and terroirs of the iconic region. He splits his time between New York and Champagne.
Subscribe & listen to WSG Podcasts on iTunes
Learn More About Champagne Wines:
BY Julien Camus
Founder & President @ Wine Scholar Guild
Other Blog Entries:
- PODCAST: Andrew Jefford on Burgundy’s “Terroir Dreamland” Written on Wednesday, 14 November 2018 06:06
- FWS Approved Program Provider: Meet Paul Miles of IWEG, Toronto, ON Written on Sunday, 04 November 2018 09:44
- PODCAST: Rick Fisher on Sherry and the SWS Program Written on Thursday, 11 October 2018 08:51
- WSG Program Provider Interview: Meet Sharon McLean of Cru Consultancy in Victoria, BC Written on Friday, 05 October 2018 16:08
- Top Bordeaux restaurants with good wine lists Written on Thursday, 20 September 2018 04:20
- New Approved Program Provider in Belgium: Meet Sybille Troubleyn Written on Wednesday, 12 September 2018 04:12
- A Guide to the Lesser Known Italian Red Wines: Trentino, Friuli Venezia Giulia and Sicily Written on Wednesday, 05 September 2018 07:54
- PODCAST: Maurizio Broggi on Northern Italy Written on Tuesday, 04 September 2018 07:06
- Meet Julien Boulard aka Zhulian... new FWS provider in China Written on Monday, 20 August 2018 00:30