The Spanish Wine Scholar™ joins its acclaimed sister programs, French Wine Scholar™ and Italian Wine Scholar™, in providing an advanced and comprehensive specialization study and certification program. Spain is home to one of the oldest wines styles in the world, sherry. It is also the birthplace of many of the world’s finest red grapes, including Tempranillo, Garnacha (Grenache), and Monastrell (Mourvèdre). Despite this rich history, Spain remains relatively unfamiliar to many students of wine. The Spanish Wine Scholar™ will give students an appreciation for how tradition and modernity perfectly coexist and why Spain is one of the most exciting and enviable countries on the world wine stage.
Alfonso Janeiro Diez, Head of Wines from Spain in Madrid, states:
Rick Fisher, Spanish Wine Scholar™ Education Director, states:
The Wine Scholar Guild’s network of program providers have been preparing for the launch. During this pre-launch phase over 120 instructors from around the world had full access to the colour study manual, the Guild’s signature in-depth online materials and a series of live review webinars led by the program’s Education Director, Rick Fisher. The feedback from instructors has been overwhelmingly positive. Kim Berdusco, DipWSET, CWE, CS, SWS Instructor at IWEG in Toronto comments:
The finishing touches to the Spanish Wine Scholar™ are in progress. Based on feedback from the instructors, the study manual and online material are being enhanced by Rick Fisher and Jonas Tofterup, MW, of Iberian Wine Academy in Málaga.
Spanish Wine Scholar™ program launches online & at Approved Program Providers around the world starting October 2019! Stay tuned and be one of the first to become a Spanish Wine Scholar and earn your SWS post-nominal!
BY Pierre Freyermuth
Other Blog Entries:
- INTERVIEW: Rebecca Christophersen from Italian Wine Institute (Florence, Italy) Written on Tuesday, 13 August 2019 04:27
- Wine meets food: The spice cabinet toolbox Written on Wednesday, 31 July 2019 10:11
- Discover our newest study & certification program Written on Tuesday, 30 July 2019 05:12
- Spanish Wine Scholar™ program endorsed by Wines from Spain Written on Wednesday, 24 July 2019 07:50
- INTERVIEW: Jeni Wilson from Vintage Class (Aranda de Duero, Spain) Written on Thursday, 18 July 2019 08:17
- Wine meets food: Tomatoes and Sauvignon Blanc Written on Monday, 01 July 2019 10:19
- Best restaurants for your Bourgogne wine tour Written on Wednesday, 26 June 2019 08:47
- The Wines of Irpinia - Contemporary Excellence from an Ancient Territory Written on Monday, 24 June 2019 04:07
- PODCAST: Pascaline Lepeltier MS on the Loire, MOF, Pet-Nats & so much more! Written on Wednesday, 19 June 2019 09:31
- INTERVIEW: Gina Marano from Wine Academy of Las Vegas Written on Monday, 17 June 2019 07:55