The Wine Scholar Guild is hosting a full-day primer on France’s northern wine regions at SommCon DC in July. Sharpen your pencils and come well-rested, you could go home a winner!
French Wine Scholar Review Day with Education Director, Lisa Airey, FWS, CWE
We will start this full-day program with a quick 20-question quiz! Bring your A-game! There are prizes to be won!
During this session, we will review the important wine regions of France’s north: Alsace, Champagne, Bourgogne, Beaujolais, and Loire.
We will go over the biggest stumbling blocks to mastery for each region and clarify the complicated bits. The program is informative, fun and interactive.
Although a stand-alone primer on France, the day also serves to introduce participants to the depth and breadth of the French Wine Scholar certification program.
This advanced program is designed for serious students of wine, both trade and non-trade who wish to hone their knowledge of the wines of France. From a terroir-ist standpoint, the program dives deeply into why the wines of France have the structure and character they do.
Benchmark wines for each French wine region will accompany the lecture allowing students to put theory to the taste test.
At day’s end, the top scorer on the opening quiz will receive a scholarship to the French Wine Scholar On-Line program (value $595).
- Date & Time: Sunday, July 22nd, 2018 from 9:00a.m. - 4:00p.m
with a one-hour lunch break (lunch not included)
- Location: SommCon DC - The Westin Georgetown, 2350 M St NW, Washington, DC 20037
- Cost: $250 (WSG members enjoy a 10% discount.) Fee is for this full-day session only. SommCon, which kicks off Sunday evening and runs through Tuesday evening, July 22-24 is a separate registration and fee. See below.)
Non-winning participants who wish to enroll in the FWS program (whether in its distance-learning format or in classroom-learning format at our DC program provider, Capital Wine School) can apply $195 of the review day seminar fee toward their tuition.
About SommCon DC:
30 + Sessions | Certifications | Today's Most Influential Palates
Join us, July 22-24, as SommCon® heads to Washington, D.C. bringing together professionals of all levels to discuss, develop, and lead the conversation on the business of wine. SommCon's education is built by some of today's most influential palates for trade professionals and serious enthusiasts who have a passion for wine and spirits and an unyielding quest for knowledge. Be inspired as you learn and taste your way through educational seminars, complete with a trade-only tasting and expo; network with the industry's best and brightest and have plenty of fun along the way.
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION NOW OPEN! To register: http://sommconusa.com/
BY Brooke Herron
Other Blog Entries:
- Wine Scholar Guild Top Exam Scorers for 2018 Written on Thursday, 25 April 2019 03:57
- The 2017 Vintage in France, a 'new normal' Andrew Jefford Written on Wednesday, 24 April 2019 04:29
- A new logo for French, Italian and Spanish Wine Scholar graduates Written on Monday, 01 April 2019 07:59
- Common Knowledge: Photosynthesis Written on Sunday, 31 March 2019 11:08
- PODCAST: Julien Camus on "Wine Scholar Guild: behind the scenes" Written on Wednesday, 13 March 2019 10:42
- INTERVIEW: Ettore Donadeo from Caplan Wine Academy (Tokyo, Japan) Written on Wednesday, 06 March 2019 03:07
- Top 10 things to see & do in Bordeaux - Not all about wine ! Written on Friday, 01 March 2019 08:24
- POLL: Location for WSG's 15th Anniversary Symposium Written on Wednesday, 27 February 2019 04:12
- PODCAST: Andrew Jefford on "Wine Education, Wine Writing, the Business of Wine, and a Fresh Look at the Loire" Written on Tuesday, 26 February 2019 04:52
- 2018 Wine Scholar Guild Awards Written on Monday, 25 February 2019 06:10