A comprehensive distance-learning study and certificate program on the wines of Bourgogne
The Burgundy Master-Level Program is an official course of study designed for the wine trade; it is endorsed by the Burgundy Wine Bureau - BIVB
The program has been created jointly by the Wine Scholar Guild and lead instructor Don Kinnan, CWE.
Study under true Burgundy wine experts and masterful instructors...
Delve into Burgundy with the insight of Burgundy expert, Don Kinnan, lead-instructor.
Learn from a prestigious panel of guest instructors including:
- Jay Youmans, Master of Wine, BIVB Certified Bourgogne Instructor, owner of the Capital Wine School
- Becky & Peter Wasserman, Burgundy-based Wine Brokers
- Allen Meadows, aka the Burghound
- Karen MacNeil, Chairman of the Rudd Center for Professional Wine Studies at the CIA
- Eric Hemer, Master Sommelier, Educational Director for Southern Wine & Spirits (SWS) of Florida
Your moderator and program coordinator will be Lisa M. Airey, CWE, FWS, Education Director, Wine Scholar Guild and BIVB Certified Bourgogne Instructor.
Explore Burgundy from the comfort of your own office or home.
This is Bourgogne as you’ve never seen it presented!
The online study package includes:
- Preparatory reading assignments, online study modules and review quiz
- Seventeen recorded lectures by lead instructor, Don Kinnan, CWE
- Supplemental recorded lectures by Allen Meadows, Becky Wasserman, Eric Hemer MS, Jay Youmans MW and Karen McNeil
- A copy of “The Wines of Burgundy”, 13rd English edition, by Pitiot and Servant
- Reading and tasting assignments to accompany each lecture
- Online review quizzes
- Access to instructors via the Q&A forum
- Online, proctored exam sit
Optional (Additional fees apply):
Tuition is $495,00. Registration is valid for a full year from date of registration.
Learning objectives and scope
This is, in scope and design, the most comprehensive wine study program on Burgundy bar none.
Through this program, students will acquire a profound knowledge of the region and develop a greater sensory understanding of its wines.
A passing score of 75 on the final exam validates mastery of the course content. This exam can be taken online. For proctoring purposes, you will need access to a computer equipped with microphone and webcam.
Students have a full-calendar year of access to the online study materials and a full year within which they may sit for the exam.