Embark on our 2018 Rhône Valley Study Trip with professional-level instruction on site coupled with a certificate program!
Rhône Wine Tours and Study Trip Highlights:
- Discover this remarkable Rhône wine region with your instructor, Christophe Tassan, a Rhône native who has won the prestigious titles of “Best Sommelier of Southern France” and “MOF for Sommellerie”. (MOF stands for Meilleur Ouvrier de France and is awarded to the best professionals of a specific trade). Christophe has also been the wine director and sommelier at top US restaurants.
- Visit the most renowned estates of the Northern and Southern Rhône.
- Meet the winemakers and enjoy extensive insider tastings of some of the best Rhône wines.
- Lunch and dine in the region's best restaurants and enjoy tasting Rhône wines in a gastronomic setting, perfectly paired with creative local cuisine.
Travel with fellow students who are serious about wine, either as wine professionals or committed wine amateurs. Share an educational and unforgettable experience while acquiring extensive first-hand knowledge of Rhône Valley wines. Trips are open to people from all countries, and are held in English.
- Born and raised in the Rhône Valley
- Wine Director & Sommelier at The Battery in San Francisco
- Meilleur Ouvrier de France Sommelier (M.O.F, i.e. Best French Sommelier) in 2004
Erika Frey, FWS, CWE, Diploma WSET, Wine and Spirits Educator and Consultant
Blake E Cherrington, CWE, Principal Consultant at The Atlanta Wine Professor
Richard C. Peterson, Wine Enthusiast
Podcast with Christophe Tassan
Rhône Wine Tour Itinerary at a Glance
- SUNDAY, JUNE 17 - ARRIVAL IN LYON
- MONDAY, JUNE 18 - CÔTE RÔTIE & CONDRIEU
- TUESDAY, JUNE 19 - HERMITAGE, CROZES HERMITAGE, ST. JOSEPH & CORNAS
- WEDNESDAY, JUNE 20 - CAIRANNE, GIGONDAS & VACQUEYRAS
- THURSDAY, JUNE 21 - TAVEL, LIRAC & COTE DU RHÔNE VILLAGES
- FRIDAY, JUNE 22 - CHATEAUNEUF DU PAPE & TAVEL
6 DAY, 5 NIGHT RHÔNE VALLEY IMMERSION STUDY TRIP INCLUDES :
- Instruction throughout by Rhône native and renowned sommelier Christophe Tassan.
- Services of a Tour Manager throughout, to provide customer service and logistics support
- The complete Rhône Master Level French Wine Society online course, including the written manual, online webinars and online exam
- Deluxe air-conditioned motor coach transportation throughout, with bottled water on-board
- 1 night at 4-Star Hotel Mercure Lyon Centre – Gare Part Dieu in Lyon, double occupancy
- 2 nights at 4-Star Hotel de France in Valence, double occupancy
- 2 nights at 4-Star Hotel Novotel Avignon Centre in Avignon, double occupancy
- 3 gourmet lunches with fine local wines, including one at a Michelin 1-star restaurant, expertly matched with top-quality wines of the region
- Special grouped tasting and gourmet lunch with winemakers of Chateauneuf-du-Pape and Tavel
- 2 gastronomic dinners, including one at a Michelin 1-star restaurant, expertly matched with top-quality wines of the region
- 5 buffet breakfasts
- All professional-level tours and extensive tastings at top-quality wine producers
- All hotel and other taxes, and gratuities for included restaurants
Space is limited to 18 participants, so reserve your seat today!