NOTHING COMPARES TO EXPERIENCING A WINE REGIONS YOURSELF, IN-PERSON !
There is no better way to complete your wine education than to take an WSG Immersion Study Trip. Nothing increases your wine knowledge faster or better than seeing the renowned landscapes and terroirs in person, meeting with passionate winemakers, and spending a week immersed in the culture that shaped the region’s wines.
Much more than just a wine tour, the Study Trips offer a complete educational program in the top wine regions within France, Italy and Spain. Taking the Guild's Master-Level programs and then continuing your studies in-person in the wine region is a unique and powerful way to gain a thorough knowledge of the region. The Wine Scholar Guild is the only organization to offer this dual-faceted, complete wine educational program.
The Most Complete Wine Certification Program Available Today!
Before the Trip:
Prepare for your wine explorations by following the Master-Level Online Program for the region.
Led by gifted, expert instructors, the Master-Level Program gives you access to lively and engaging webinars, quizzes, an instructor Q&A forum, extensive study materials and more.
Learn more about the Wine Scholar Guild Master Level Programs.
During the Trip:
Spend an unforgettable week of full immersion in your chosen wine region of study with expert guidance by a renowned wine instructor.
You’ll have privileged access to some of the region’s best producers during winery visits and intimate gourmet lunches and/or dinners.
Vineyard walks will enable you to clearly see and understand the lay of the land as well as the subtlety of its terroir. Tasting a large variety of local wines will give you a thorough view of the character of the key appellations.
Everything is expertly arranged to optimize your time in the region. You can relax, put theory to the taste test, and immerse yourself in the wine culture of the region.
After the Trip:
You will have acquired a deep understanding and a good working knowledge of your chosen region of study.
Validate your proficiency by passing the Master-Level exam and earn your Master Level Certificate!
These Trips Are Designed For:
- Wine educators
- Wine buyers
- Importers and distributors
- Winemakers and winery personnel
- French wine lovers and serious wine hobbyists
Taste, Visit, Meet, Explore & Indulge... A Sneak Peek at Past Study Trips
Get a better chance to secure your seat!
Become a Member of the Wine Scholar Guild and receive a one-week advanced notice with priority booking!
Why Embark on the WSG Wine Immersion Study Trips:
- The trips are designed by the Wine Scholar Guild, the leading provider for French wine study and certification programs in the world.
- These are intensive, professional-level educational wine study trips coupled with certification upon successful completion of the final exam.
- The trips are nearly all-inclusive, with comfortable hotels, fabulous meals with great wines, all winery tours and tastings, and deluxe transportation at a great value
- Meals revolve around finely-prepared local specialties matched with fine wines of the region.
- You’ll get an authentic experience of the local culture and see some of the most amazing and beautiful sites.
- Group size is kept small to give you access to very special people, estates and places.
- The trips are organized and operated by Terroir Wine Services, which has more than a decade of experience putting together extraordinary wine trips in France, Italy and Spain.
Nothing compares to experiencing the wine regions of France, Italy and Spain yourself, in-person – reserve your place today!
For More Information:
WSG member Lauriann Greene, Sommelier-conseil, is the coordinator of our immersion study trips and your contact for the trips. She has many years of experience organizing exceptional wine experiences and will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact her:
- or by phone at +1 302-415-3036
You can also find answers to many of your questions on our extensive FAQs page.
All Wine Tour Destinations