more information and receive a
FREE sample chapter
THE FRENCH WINE SCHOLAR™ PROGRAM IS THE INDUSTRY'S MOST RESPECTED CERTIFICATION COURSE
ON THE WINES OF FRANCE
- Florent Mouginon Oct 28, 2020"FWS is a very informative and in depth course. I enjoyed refreshing my knowledge and even learn new things on smaller regions we are not used to see in Asia. I strongly recommend this course!"
- Angelina Cheukon Oct 12, 2020"FWS is the in depth wine course that offers the most interesting and concise information you cannot get anywhere else "
- Kyle Patonon Sep 30, 2020"The French Wine Scholar distance learning program was one of the best choices I could have made for my career. It's incredibly intuitive, structured, and guided even with independent studying. It really helped me to have focus on areas and topics that I have breezed over in the past, which have made me a much more well rounded sommelier. I enrolled in the Spanish Wine Scholar program the second I finished my FWS exam, it was that good! "
- Rijul Mohilon Sep 16, 2020"The overall program was very informative and i quiet easy to understand. The course material provided was very good along with the maps for each region and short quizzes after chapter was very helpful. I would suggest this course to all individual who are hoping to learn more about french wines"
- Antonio Buenoon Aug 27, 2020"The most pleasurable and comprehensive way I have found to deepen in my knowledge of French wines. A must that is fully enjoyable. "
- Shreen Ahmadon Aug 12, 2020"A comprehensive and well-structured programme. The instructors (Sharon and Lisa) were very knowledgeable, responsive, approachable and encouraging. "
- Jinhyuck Yangon Jul 30, 2020" The study material covers history, topography, geology, grape varieties, wines, terminologies, and even food tradition. I was hugely impressed by the interesting links among them that have created the excellent wine culture of France. Having a broad and in-depth knowledge of unique terroirs within France boosted my level of appreciation of the wines of France! "
- Nicolason Jul 27, 2020"The program is well done. All the tools are very useful for the exam."
- John Ospinaon Jul 13, 2020"WSG is an excellent wine education institution."
- Yvonne OUon Jul 4, 2020"Instructor-led course online was comprehensive and boosted my knowledge on areas of France that I found tricky. Most importantly it was delivered in an interesting way by a friendly instructor! Thank you!"
- John Lordon Jun 28, 2020"I found the FWS program excellent and at the conclusion considered I had achieved everything I wished from enrolment. I also participated in a short 5 week instructor led version of the program which also gave an overview of France and its wine industries that brought the independent learning together in an understandable framework."
- Rich Vanderheidenon Jun 27, 2020"I found the the FWS course to be excellent. The wine learning experience is better than courses I have taken with the Society of Wine Educators and the Court of Master Sommeliers. It is important not to do the FWS course just to pass the exam, but to find value in immersing yourself in the wine regions of France. "
- Eve Vuillemainroyon Jun 27, 2020"I was quite informative and hope I passed. "
- Josephon Jun 25, 2020"The French Wine Scholar program is a must for anyone wishing to go deeper into understanding the world of French wine. The level of detail in the study material is exceptional."
- Andres Alexander Medrano-Breneson Jun 25, 2020"Fantastic program. Loved every bit of it. The teachers are very knowledgeable with tons of education experience. The book is a great reference, easy to read and study. Love WSG from Paris to the Moon! ;-) "
The French Wine Scholar™ education program is the most advanced, comprehensive, and up-to-date French wine course available.The syllabus takes a regional approach and discusses all French wine appellations and the factors that shape their identities.
The program provides committed students of wine with an unparalleled set of study tools that are designed to maximize learning and boost knowledge retention.
It was created by WSG Education Director, Lisa M. Airey CWE, with the support of the French Ministry of Agriculture which knighted her in recognition of the program's exceptional level of depth, accuracy, detail, and academic rigor as well as its impact on the global wine industry.
The French Wine Scholar study and certification program confers a post-nominal to wine professionals and enthusiasts who successfully pass the certification exam (Ex: John Smith, FWS). With a school network encompassing 30 countries on 5 continents, the FWS credential has true international recognition.
STUDY OPTION 1 | ONLINE LEARNING
STUDY WHEN YOU WANT, AT YOUR OWN PACE, AT HOME, AT THE OFFICE OR WHILE TRAVELING
Earn the French Wine Scholar™ (FWS) post-nominal via the online, independent study format or enroll in the 10-week, instructor-led online format including 8 live review webinars.
The French Wine scholar™ online learning format includes:
- A suggested schedule of study with learning objectives for each region
- 8 live review webinars with acclaimed wine educators Sharon Mclean, DIPWSET, FWS and WSG Education Director Lisa M. Airey, CWE, FWS (*instructor-led format only)
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Downloadable maps of all French wine regions
- Pronunciation exercises to boosts your credibility
- A list of recommended wines to sample on your own or in a tasting group hosted by students enrolled in the online program
Louis-Fabrice Latour, Chairman at Maison Louis Latour
STUDY OPTION 2 | CLASSROOM LEARNING
AVAILABLE AROUND THE GLOBE!
The French Wine Scholar™ program is offered by WSG Approved Program Providers, now including 90 wine schools in 30 countries and 5 continents.
French Wine Scholar™ classes are offered by licensed program providers and delivered by an approved FWS instructor. This study format includes:
- Classroom instruction with tutored tastings
- A copy of the FWS study manual
- Access to the FWS online study modules & quizzes for class prep & review
- In-classroom exam sit
All FWS program providers teach from the same Wine Scholar Guild-developed presentations and are supplied with uniform teaching materials.
"The French Wine Scholar manual has once again proven why the Wine Scholar Guild is one of the best wine education programs in the world."Nicholas PolettoDirector of Education at Kobrand Corporation"Indispensable for any wine trade professional who works with French wine. Bravo!”Martin SinkoffVP and Director of Marketing, Frederick Wildman And Sons"Anyone wanting to learn about French wines needs to take this program; there is no better program out there"Kevin ClearyOwner/Director at Vermont Wine School"I cannot think of a better way to dive in deep on the wines of France to prepare for the Advanced & Master Sommelier exams, WSET Diploma or MW"David Glancy MS, CWE, FWSFounder of San Francisco Wine School"The level of detail and quality of the materials make this program a must-do for any serious student of wine"Peter Neptune, MS, CWE, FWSFounder of The Neptune School of Wine"The French Wine Scholar Program is the industry's most comprehensive, in-depth course on the wines of France"Jay Youmans, MWFounder of Capital Wine School"My most sincere appreciation goes to the WSG team for their great work to make French wines so much fun and easy to learn"Xavier BarlierSr. VP, Marketing & Communication at Maisons Marques & Domaines"I only wish I had this book when I began studying French wine!"Peter Marks, MWVP of Education at Constellation Academy of Wine"I would recommend the FWS program to any trade member wishing to increase his/her expertise in French wine and validate the same. This is wine education at its best!"Louis-Fabrice LatourChairman at Maison Louis Latour
WSG thanks the following organizations for their support: