EMBARK ON THE MOST ADVANCED AND COMPREHENSIVE SPECIALIZATION FRENCH WINE COURSE BAR NONE!
The French Wine Scholar™ education program is a French wine course designed to provide committed students of wine with the most advanced and comprehensive specialization study program on French wine bar none! It was created by Lisa Airey, CWE with the support of the support of the French Ministry of Agriculture.
The French Wine Scholar™ curriculum via online learning offers an interactive program that is put into a measurable, meaningful format designed for maximum retention of content and ease of use. Students of wine who follow this in-depth curriculum and pass the exam will earn the French Wine Scholar™ (FWS) post-nominal.
Online learning eliminates travel and parking issues and all the costs associated with them. Study when you want, at your own pace, at home, at the office or while traveling.
The French Wine Scholar™ Online program includes:
- The French Wine Scholar™ online exam*
- A suggested schedule of study with learning objectives for each region
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Downloadable maps of all French wine regions
- Pronunciation exercises to boosts your credibility
- A list of recommended wines to sample on your own or in a tasting group hosted by students enrolled in the online program
- A comprehensive series of webinars on regional wine styles with suggested wine list presented by Jay Youmans, Master of Wine
Alternately, the FWS program is available in a new instructor-led online format with professional instructor support from acclaimed wine educators Sharon Mclean, DIPWSET, FWS and Lisa M. Airey, CWE, FWS. Learn More
The 270-page, full-color study manual (6th Edition) provides all the information from which the test questions are derived. You do not need to research you own study materials; everything you need to know is in the manual.
Comprehensive cover of France’s 14 distinct wine regions is presented in the following manner:
- Viticultural history, wine culture and traditions
- Location and climate with their effects on viticulture and wines
- Topography, geography and soils and their impact on the vine
- Grape varieties and their organoleptic profiles
- Viticulture and winemaking practices
- Wine industry trends and economics
- All AOCs with their regulations, wine styles and specificities
Regions covered: Alsace, Champagne, Bourgogne, Beaujolais, Jura, Savoie, Loire, Bordeaux, Southwest, Languedoc, Roussillon, Rhône, Provence, Corsica
Plus: A foundation unit covering: French Wine Law, grape varieties, viticulture, viniculture and a discussion of Old World vs. New World wine styles
French Wine Scholar™ study manual features:
"FWS offers slightly different approach than most of the other certified programs at WSET, Society of Wine Educators or Court of Master Sommeliers. It gives a more in-depth look at each French region and lots of information that together with tastings help paint the whole picture about French wines. The best online support for studying." Gordana Josovic FWS, Instructor at San Francisco Wine School
The FWS online study modules offer interactive presentations that are put into a measurable, meaningful format designed for maximum retention of content and ease of use. Each region of France is covered and dovetails nicely with the French Wine Scholar study manual. Study materials are available 24/7. If you’ve got a laptop and an internet connection, you’ve got a classroom!
French Wine Scholar™ online study modules features:
- Quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Full audio narration to offer new insight and keep you engaged
- Your place is automatically bookmarked/saved to resume where you left off
- A progress bar to track your accomplishment easily
Milly Sinclair FWS, Wine Director at Hastings House Country House Hotel
"The French Wine Scholar manual has once again proven why the Wine Scholar Guild is one of the best wine…Nicholas PolettoDirector of Education at Kobrand Corporation"Indispensable for any wine trade professional who works with French wine. Bravo!”Martin SinkoffVP and Director of Marketing, Frederick Wildman And Sons
Disclaimer: WSG offers wine study courses that are targeted to both beginners and those more experienced in the wine industry. While WSG has received many accolades, awards, and testimonials, WSG is not an accredited institution or school. WSG does not guarantee or warrant that any employer or school will recognize WSG wine study courses. While WSG knows that it is a well-recognized institution within the multi-national wine community, it cannot guarantee anyone success in their profession or vocation.