EMBARK ON THE MOST ADVANCED AND COMPREHENSIVE SPECIALIZATION FRENCH WINE COURSE BAR NONE!
The French Wine Scholar™ education program is a French wine course designed to provide committed students of wine with the most advanced and comprehensive specialization study program on French wine bar none! It was created by Lisa Airey, CWE with the support of the support of the French Ministry of Agriculture.
The French Wine Scholar™ curriculum via distance learning offers an interactive program that is put into a measurable, meaningful format designed for maximum retention of content and ease of use. Students of wine who follow this in-depth curriculum and pass the exam will earn the French Wine Scholar™ (FWS) post-nominal.
The French Wine Scholar™ Online program includes:
- A comprehensive series of webinars on regional wine styles with suggested wine list presented by Jay Youmans, Master of Wine
- The French Wine Scholar™ online exam
- A suggested schedule of study with learning objectives for each region
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Downloadable maps
- A list of of recommended wines to sample on your own or in a tasting group hosted by students enrolled in the online program
Comprehensive cover of France’s 14 distinct wine regions is presented in the following manner:
- Viticultural history, wine culture and traditions
- Location and climate with their effects on viticulture and wines
- Topography, geography and soils and their impact on the vine
- Grape varieties and their organoleptic profiles
- Viticulture and winemaking practices
- Wine industry trends and economics
- All AOCs with their regulations, wine styles and specificities
Regions covered: Alsace, Champagne, Bourgogne, Beaujolais, Jura, Savoie, Loire, Bordeaux, Southwest, Languedoc, Roussillon, Rhône, Provence, Corsica
Plus: A foundation unit covering: French Wine Law, grape varieties, viticulture, viniculture and a discussion of Old World vs. New World wine styles
French Wine Scholar™ study manual features:
Milly Sinclair FWS, Wine Director at Hastings House Country House Hotel
ABOUT THE 6TH EDITION OF THE FRENCH WINE SCHOLAR STUDY MANUAL
The FWS manual has been fully updated and reformatted into a perfect binding (no more spiral!) with:
- New, custom-designed maps
- New charts, graphics and rich imagery
- Need-to-know icons that now mark all AOCs that count as test material eliminating some appellations that are seldom exported beyond their local zone of production.
This new edition has been enriched thanks to the insights provided by area experts including: Mélanie Poupart (Loire), Wink Lorch (Jura/Savoie), Thierry Meyer (Alsace), Marie-Céline Wallerand and Tom Fiorina (Corsica), Eric Aracil (Roussillon), Elizabeth Gabay MW (Provence), Catherine Machabert (Languedoc) and Emmanuelle Voinier (Rhône).
"FWS offers slightly different approach than most of the other certified programs at WSET, Society of Wine Educators or Court of Master Sommeliers. It gives a more in-depth look at each French region and lots of information that together with tastings help paint the whole picture about French wines. The best online support for studying." Gordana Josovic FWS, Instructor at San Francisco Wine School
FWS Study Manual:
The 270-page, full-color study manual (6th Edition) provides all the information from which the test questions are derived. You do not need to research you own study materials; everything you need to know is in the manual.
You can track your progress. Need to leave an online module before finishing it? Your place is automatically bookmarked for you and opens to where you left it when you return.
Online quizzes are scored immediately giving you feedback on the level of your proficiency. Need to retake a quiz? The questions shuffle to keep things fresh.
FWS Online Exam:
Distance learning eliminates travel and parking issues and all the costs associated with them. Study when you want, at your own pace, at home, at the office or while traveling.
Study materials are available 24/7. If you’ve got a laptop and an internet connection, you’ve got a classroom! Registration is for one full year with an option to extend for a nominal fee.