Alsace Wine Tour with Andrew Jefford
October 15 – October 20, 2023
YOUR 6 DAY ALSACE WINE TOUR INCLUDES:
- Instruction throughout by renowned Decanter columnist and wine educator Andrew Jefford
- Services of a Tour Manager throughout, to provide customer service and logistics support
- Deluxe, air-conditioned motor coach transportation throughout, with bottled water on-board
- 5 nights at 4-star Novotel Suites Hotel in Colmar, double occupancy
- Welcome drink with your instructor and tour manager
- 4 delicious lunches with top-quality wines
- 2 gourmet dinners, including one at a Michelin 1-star restaurant, paired with great wines
- 5 buffet breakfasts
- All professional-level tours and extensive tastings at top-quality wine producers
- All hotel and other taxes, and gratuities for included restaurants
MEET YOUR WINE GUIDES
Your Wine Tour Instructor: Andrew Jefford
- Wine writer since 1988.
- Author of The New France, Whisky Island, Andrew Jefford's Wine Course, and Drinking With the Valkyries: Writings On Wine.
- Academic Advisor with the Wine Scholar Guild.
- Contributing Editor and columnist for Decanter and World of Fine Wine.
- Winner of 8 Glenfiddich Awards and 8 Roederer Awards
Your Wine Tour Manager : Mary Kirk, DipWSET
Assisting the instructor and making sure logistics run smoothly and that your needs are answered will be Mary Kirk.
Mary has been leading wine tours in France for 15 years and has been tour manager for WSG study trips or over 5 years. She is also a DipWSET, FWS and certified French Sommelier-Conseil.
She may be a familiar face to some of you because she also takes care of WSG members as our Community and Membership Manager.
Mary also teaches wine in Paris, specifically Sommellerie at Ferrandi Gastronomic school of Paris, as well as the FWS program at the Butler Academy in Paris. Her other activities include leading wine events and consulting in the French wine sector.
7 reasons to join our Alsace Wine Tour in 2023
- Discover the Alsace wine region with your instructor, Andrew Jefford, an award-winning journalist for Decanter magazine, presenter of Decanter master classes and author of numerous books on wine including The New France.
- Tour through Alsace and study the difference in Alsace wine styles.
- Experience insider tastings with winemakers at top Alsace estates. Taste different vintages and experience the depth and remarkable quality of these distinguished wines.
- Taste rare sweet wines considered amongst the greatest botrytis-affected dessert wines of the world.
- Learn about winemaking practices in Alsace when guided by the sun, the moon and the stars with a pioneer of biodynamic viticulture in the region, Olivier Humbrecht MW.
- Lunch and dine in the region's best restaurants and discover the signature dishes of Alsace and their traditional wine pairings.
Travel with a group of wine students who are serious about wine, either as wine professionals or committed wine lovers. Share an educational, epicurean and unforgettable experience while mastering the world of Alsace. Trips are open to people from all countries, and are held in English.
Estates visited on previous Alsace Wine Tours
The list below is a sample of estates we visited in the past. We would like to thank the following estates and individuals for having welcomed us and our students on past Alsace wine tours:
Domaine des Maronniers
Domaine Marcel Deiss
Cave Cooperative de Ribeauvillé
Chateau de Kientzheim
Domaine Albert Mann
Domaine Leon Beyer
Domaine Mittnacht Frères
Domaine Albert Boxler
Domaine Marc Tempé
Chateau de Kientzheim
Domaine Paul Blanck
The Magic of Alsace
Alsace is uniquely positioned in North-East France, between the Vosges Mountains and the German border. Cut off topographically from the rest of France and wide open to the Rhine and its people, Alsace has developed a unique culture and wine tradition that is an amalgamation of both Teutonic and Gallic influences. With 5 sub-regions, 13 grape varieties, 200+ terroir styles, and 1,000 producers crafting more than 10, 000 cuvées of dry, semi-dry, semi-sweet or sweet wines every year, Alsace is incredibly complex. This tour will allow you to master this fascinating wine region.
CHECK OUT ALL UPCOMING WINE TOURS:
Our exceptional wine tours offer intensive, professional-level, educational programming within the wines regions of France, Italy and Spain. Lead by top wine industry professionals, our itineraries take you into some of the best cellars and vineyards for hands-on learning and unparalleled tasting opportunities. What better way to connect theory with practice!
PortugalApr 07 - Apr 12, 2024
RiojaMay 05 - May 10, 2024
SicilyMay 12 - May 17, 2024
BourgogneMay 12 - May 17, 2024
MoselMay 26 - May 31, 2024
ChampagneMay 28 - Jun 01, 2024
PiedmontJun 02 - Jun 07, 2024
Rhône ValleyJun 16 - Jun 21, 2024
Veneto, Trentino and Alto AdigeSep 08 - Sep 13, 2024
CampaniaOct 13 - Oct 18, 2024
Backroads BourgogneOct 13 - Oct 18, 2024
BordeauxOct 20 - Oct 25, 2024