Languedoc-Roussillon Wine Study Tour
with Matthew Stubbs MW
May 21 – May 26, 2023
YOUR 6 DAY LANGUEDOC-ROUSSILLON IMMERSION STUDY TOUR INCLUDES:
- Instruction throughout by Languedoc expert and wine educator Matthew Stubbs MW
- Services of a Tour Manager throughout, to provide customer service and logistics support
- Deluxe air-conditioned motor coach transportation throughout, with bottled water on board
- 3 night at 4-star Hotel Oceania Le Metropole in Montpellier, double occupancy
- 2 nights at 4-star Hotel Chateau Capitoul near in Narbonne, double occupancy
- 4 delicious lunches expertly matched with top-quality wines
- 2 gourmet dinners expertly matched with top-quality wines
- 5 buffet breakfasts
- All professional-level tours and extensive tastings at top-quality wine producers
- All hotel and other taxes, and gratuities for included restaurants
MEET YOUR GUIDES
Your Guide: Matthew Stubbs
- Matthew passed the Master of Wine exam in 1996 achieving the Bollinger Medal for the best tasting paper and the Listel Scholarship for the best Vinification paper.
- Since starting his own wine education business in 2008 the majority of his time is spent teaching and sharing his extensive knowledge of wine.
- He is now a regular on judging panels for wine competitions, Panel Chair for the International Wine Challenge and co-President of the Sud de France Top 50 in China
Your Tour Manager : Mary Kirk, DipWSET
Assisting the instructor and making sure logistics run smoothly and that your needs are answered will be Mary Kirk.
Mary has been leading wine tours in France for 15 years and has been tour manager for WSG study trips or over 5 years. She is also a DipWSET, FWS and certified French Sommelier-Conseil.
She may be a familiar face to some of you because she also takes care of WSG members as our Community and Membership Manager.
Mary also teaches wine in Paris, specifically Sommellerie at Ferrandi Gastronomic school of Paris, as well as the FWS program at the Butler Academy in Paris. Her other activities include leading wine events and consulting in the French wine sector.
7 reasons to join us in Languedoc-Roussillon in 2023
- Gain extensive knowledge of this vast region through the precise instruction of a world-renowned wine expert combined with insider visits and wine tastings at the very best estates.
- Discover the Languedoc-Roussillon wine region with your instructor, Matthew Stubbs
- Travel to the most fascinating vineyard areas of Languedoc-Roussillon
- Experience first-rate visits and tastings at some of Languedoc-Roussillon's most prestigious estates.
- Explore one of the lesser-known, excellent value appellations
- Discover the historic city of Narbonne with its graceful streets, lovely waterfront walks and great wine bars.
- Lunch and dine in the region’s best restaurants and discover exquisite local specialties matched with excellent Lannguedoc-Roussillon wines.
Travel with a group of wine students who are serious about wine, either as wine professionals or committed wine lovers. Share an educational, epicurean and unforgettable experience while mastering the world of Languedoc-Roussillon. Trips are open to people from all countries, and are held in English.
Estates visited on previous Languedoc-Roussillon Wine Tours
The list below is a sample of châteaux and estates we visited in the past. We would like to thank the following estates and individuals for having welcomed us and our students on past Languedoc-Roussillon wine tours:
Chateau de Cazeneuve
Domaine de l’Hortus
Mas de Daumas Gassac
Domaine La Peira en Damaisèla
La Cave de Pomerols
Domaine de Nizas
Domaine de Cébène
Domaine Prieuré de St. Jean de Bébian
Château La Voulte-Gasparets
Borie de Maurel
Domaine Coume del Mas
Domaine des Paulilles
Mas du Soleilla
The Magic of Languedoc-Roussillon
The Languedoc-Roussillon is the largest and most dynamic wine region in France. Diverse and fast moving, this is where 2000 years of history and tradition combine effortlessly with the contemporary and the avant-garde. See it first-hand.
Languedoc-Roussillon boasts 1,029 organic wine producers, the highest number of certified organic wine producers in France.
It also has the largest certified organic area under vine! Interestingly, many of its top wines fall outside the AOC category and are labeled IGP or VdP. This has given tremendous credibility to a wine category for which many have had but modest expectations.
Languedoc-Roussillon merits study. It has a lot to teach us about misconceptions and preconceptions…and value at every price point. And as for beauty and a landscape with drama? Priceless.
Travel with a group of wine students who are serious about wine, either as wine professionals or committed wine lovers. Share an educational, epicurean and unforgettable experience while gaining a complete understanding of Languedoc-Roussillon wines. Trips are open to people from all countries, and are held in English.
CHECK OUT ALL UPCOMING WINE TOURS:
Our exceptional study trips offer intensive, professional-level, educational programming within the wines regions of France, Italy and Spain. Lead by top wine industry professionals, our itineraries take you into some of the best cellars and vineyards for hands-on learning and unparalleled tasting opportunities. What better way to connect theory with practice!
SWS Intensive in MalagaApr 16 - Apr 21, 2023
PiedmontMay 07 - May 12, 2023
RiojaMay 14 - May 19, 2023
TuscanyMay 21 - May 26, 2023
Languedoc-RoussillonMay 21 - May 26, 2023
Rhône ValleyJun 11 - Jun 16, 2023
ChampagneJun 20 - Jun 24, 2023
Loire ValleyJun 25 - Jun 30, 2023
BourgogneOct 08 - Oct 13, 2023
AlsaceOct 15 - Oct 20, 2023
BordeauxOct 22 - Oct 27, 2023
SicilyOct 22 - Oct 27, 2023
CatalunyaTo Be Announced