June 19 – June 24, 2022
Embark on our Loire Study Tour!
Become one of the few to understand and master the wines of this authentic part of France! Don’t miss this unique opportunity to travel through all the key appellations of this authentic wine region of France with a true expert and fabulous instructor.
By nature and nurture the Loire is an aristocratic place. Even the wines manifest this inherent equilibrium of structure and precision and grace. Over 300 castles and/or châteaux, plus gardens, vineyards and broad expanses of cropland, flank the Loire River. It is because of this exquisitely pastoral yet cultured landscape that the region is known as “Le Jardin de la France”, France’s Garden. It is the home of some of the most delicious, delectable, enjoyable French wines.
- Enjoy guidance and instruction from Loire Valley native Pascaline Lepeltier MOF
- Travel to most of the region’s wine appellations including: Sancerre, Vouvray, Chinon, Saumur-Champigny, Savennières
- Taste rare and distinctive wines including racy whites, refreshing rosés, reds that favor fruit over force, and sumptuous sweet and sparkling wines made from the versatile grape Chenin Blanc
- Visit Sancerre, the most famous ambassador for crafting Sauvignon Blanc in the world.
- Get access to some of the most prestigious and sought-after small wine producers
- Enjoy the gorgeous scenery of the Loire river, including world-famous castles and cathedrals
- Indulge in the renowned, authentic cuisine of the Loire…cave-cultivated button mushrooms, goat cheeses, black truffles, saffron, artichokes and all manner of tree and berry fruits.
Travel with a group of wine students who are serious about wine, either as wine professionals or committed wine lovers. Share an educational, epicurean and unforgettable experience while mastering the world of Loire Valley. Trips are open to people from all countries, and are held in English.
Based on the current COVID situation and for the safety of our students and hosts, participants will be required to provide a proof of vaccination before joining a 2022 study trip.
WSG reserves the right to modify sanitary requirements at any time and at its sole discretion. For more information, please consult the study trips Terms and Conditions.
YOUR 6 DAY LOIRE IMMERSION STUDY TOUR INCLUDES:
- Instruction throughout by Loire native sommelier Pascaline Lepeltier MOF
- All professional-level tours and tastings at top quality wine producers
- Services of a Tour Manager throughout, to provide customer service and logistics support
- 3 nights at 4-star Hotel Le Choiseul in Amboise, double occupancy
- 1 night at 4-star Hotel of the Fontevraud Abbaye in Fontevraud, double occupancy
- 1 night at 4-star Hotel Novotel in Angers, double occupancy
- Welcome drink with your instructor and tour manager
- 2 gastronomic dinners with fine wines, including one at a Michelin 1-star restaurant
- 5 gourmet lunches with fine wines
- 5 delicious buffet breakfasts
- Deluxe, air-conditioned motor coach transportation throughout, with bottled water on-board
- The complete WSG Loire Master Level online course, including study manual, online webinars and online exam
- All hotel and other taxes, and gratuities for included restaurants
MEET YOUR GUIDE
Your Guide: Pascaline Lepeltier MOF
- 2018 Best French Sommelier
- Meilleur Ouvrier de France (MOF)
- Restaurateur in New York
- Wine writer
- Loire Valley native
Your Tour Manager : Mary Kirk, DipWSET
Assisting the instructor and making sure logistics run smoothly and that your needs are answered will be Mary Kirk.
Mary has been leading wine tours in France for 15 years and has been tour manager for WSG study trips or over 5 years. She is also a DipWSET, FWS and certified French Sommelier-Conseil.
She may be a familiar face to some of you because she also takes care of WSG members as our Community and Membership Manager.
Mary also teaches wine in Paris, specifically Sommellerie at Ferrandi Gastronomic school of Paris, as well as the FWS program at the Butler Academy in Paris. Her other activities include leading wine events and consulting in the French wine sector.
Estates visited on previous Loire Wine Tours
We would like to thank the following estates and individuals for having welcomed us and our students on past Loire wine tours:
Domaine Vincent Gaudry in Sury-en-Vaux
Domaine de la Grange Tiphaine in Amboise
Domaine Vincent Careme in Vouvray
Domaine Huet in Vouvray
Bernard Baudry in Cravant-les-Côteaux
Domaine de la Chevalerie in Restigné
Domaine Guiberteau in Saint-Just-sur-Dive
La Coulée de Serrant in Savennières
Domaine aux Moines in Savennières
Domaine de Closel in Savennières
Domaine de la Louvetrie in La Haie-Fouassière
Domaine Vacheron in Sancerre
Domaine Vincent Pinard in Bue
Domaine Francois Chidaine in Montlouis-sur-Loire
Domaine Breton in Benais
Domaine des Roches Neuves in Varrains
Domaines les Grandes Vignes in Bellevigne-en-Layon
Mark Angeli in Bellevigne-en-Layon
Domaine de l'Écu in Le Landreau
Domaine de la Pépière in Maisdon-sur-Sèvre
CHECK OUT ALL UPCOMING WINE TOURS:
Our exceptional study trips offer intensive, professional-level, educational programming within the wines regions of France, Italy and Spain. Lead by top wine industry professionals, our itineraries take you into some of the best cellars and vineyards for hands-on learning and unparalleled tasting opportunities. What better way to connect theory with practice!
PiedmontMay 22 - May 27, 2022
CatalunyaMay 29 - Jun 03, 2022
SicilyJun 05 - Jun 10, 2022
ChampagneJun 14 - Jun 18, 2022
LoireJun 19 - Jun 24, 2022
BordeauxOct 09 - Oct 14, 2022
BourgogneOct 16 - Oct 21, 2022
RhôneOct 23 - Oct 28, 2022