Earn the Italian Wine Scholar™ (IWS) post-nominal via the online, independent study format or enroll in the 15-week, instructor-led online format including live review webinars
The Italian Wine Scholar™ online learning format includes for each unit:
- A suggested schedule of study with learning objectives for each region
- Live review webinars with acclaimed wine educators (*instructor-led format only)
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Downloadable maps of all Italian wine regions
- Pronunciation exercises to boosts your credibility
- A list of recommended wines to sample on your own or in a tasting group hosted by students enrolled in the online program
Pricing for the online study formats:
- Jul 9, 2020Julianne"The Italian Wine Scholar is an in-depth and comprehensive view of the various regions and wines. Alan Tardi is an excellent instructor and was always willing to share his insight and answer questions. I look forward to more programs about Italy. "
- Jul 7, 2020Janice Stuber"I found the study materials exceptional and attribute the fact that I made use of them on a regular basis to my passing this course , thank you."
- Jul 6, 2020William Walsh"Great Course and great material"
- Jul 2, 2020Terrace Chum"The overall online program is user-friendly. Both the reading materials and the teaching sessions are clear and not difficult to comprehend. The practice questions, flash cards, and other auxiliary optional information are very helpful."
- Jun 29, 2020Alessandra Ferreira"All material is very good i think miss a general quiz with 100 questions"
- Jun 24, 2020Cristina Cotton"An excellent course for developing and deepening an understanding of the complex and fascinating wine landscape of one world's birthplaces of viticulture. This course is a fun and useful way to cover Italy's regional diversity and plethora native grapes - it certainly has made my tasting and wine cabinet more unique! "
- Jun 19, 2020Morgan Voss"Great program! I feel I have a much better understanding of Italian wine after completing this course. The online study materials that are provided are high-quality, easy-to-use, and set you up for success! "
- Jun 19, 2020Min Jeong Kim"Thank you so much"
- Jun 10, 2020Kim Yanan Lee"Very comprehensive program and useful supplementary materials for students like me who studies abroad and from home. The instructors and administrative staff are very fast-responsive and helpful. "
- Jun 7, 2020Paulette Cotton"I found the IWS program to be a very in depth logical approach to the study of Italian wine with abundant study materials and resources that provide learners the means to absorb and retain the information being presented. The instructor led course was both informative and engaging. The entire staff was very responsive and conscientious. I look forward to future wine education classes with WSG. "
- Jun 4, 2020Mahesh Tirupattur"Excellent program. I found the exam to be a bit of a memorization as opposed to a visual analysis. Perhaps a couple of essays as opposed to just multiple choice and also include tasting like WSET. Maybe I am biased to Wset as that is what I took first"
- May 29, 2020Robert Miller"The Italian Wine Scholar program is a thorough, comprehensive, and ultimately rewarding deep-dive into the land of Italy and its multitude of grape varieties, wines, and wine producing regions. The online learning platform is unparalleled in wine education giving, allowing you to immerse yourself in each region without leaving home. Highly recommended for anyone wishing to develop a deeper understanding of the myriad of complexities this wine producing mecca provides."
- May 21, 2020Missa Capozzo"I truly love the WSG courses. The only thing I might change is offering immediate exam results like the Society of Wine Educators does with the CSW. I took my exam 4 days ago and am still awaiting my results via email, and since I took it digitally online, I know the results were scored immediately. "
- May 14, 2020Rita Alejandra Sevilla Macip"I think it is a very good program, sometimes the information can be very overwhelming. And at times I felt unsure if I was studying correctly, I think more quizzes and more learning dinamics in the platform would be great. "
- May 10, 2020Carla Urrunaga"I really enjoyed this certificacion. the world of italian wine could be very dificult ti understand without the knowldlege of their history and culture heritage. This course present an holistic vision of the wine. It´s an enterely recomendable course."