Earn the Italian Wine Scholar™ (IWS) post-nominal via the online, independent study format or enroll in the 10-week, instructor-led online format including live review webinars
The Italian Wine Scholar™ online learning format includes for each unit:
- A suggested schedule of study with learning objectives for each region
- Live review webinars with acclaimed wine educators (*instructor-led format only)
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Downloadable maps of all Italian wine regions
- Pronunciation exercises to boosts your credibility
- A list of recommended wines to sample on your own or in a tasting group hosted by students enrolled in the online program
Pricing for the online study formats:
- Erinon Sep 16, 2020"I found the online Italian Wine Scholar Unit 1 to be an excellent program. I was able to do the reading on my own time and review the slides, videos and practice quizzes after each section. I have learned a lot about the Northern Italian wine regions which will help me in my role as a wine Sales Territory Manager. I'm looking forward to starting Unit 2 soon!"
- Karene Vilelaon Sep 10, 2020"The module as a whole was very well delivered and Alan Tardi made it interesting and a good learning experience. Content is interesting, level and depth of information are just right. E-learning modules and self-tests are helpful."
- Julianneon Sep 1, 2020"Alan Tardi was a an amazing instructor. I watched his lectures, read the book, and used the flash cards. "
- Catherine Greggon Aug 24, 2020"Exploring the wines of a country is a wonderful introduction to it's history, culture and people. IWS provides a comprehensive program of study that prepares one to know the range of wines available and the distinctive offerings from each region of Italy. I finish the program with confidence in my wine choices and in my recommendations to others because of the thoroughness of the preparation I received through the IWS. "
- Andreas Deutschmannon Aug 21, 2020"A big thank you to Ann and Sharon, who were excellent instructors!! I had previously done French Wine Scholar with Sharon, so I knew that her company Cru Consultancy maintained a high standard for their teachers. Ann was personable, engaging, informative and maintained a sense of humour - clearly, she enjoyed teaching the course. I really enjoy the programs offered by the WSG and have completed both my French and Italian Wine Scholar programs. The material covers everything from history, geography and appellations, to how certain wine styles came about and the cultural importance these wines play in these areas. WSG offers a deep dive into regional wine styles in a way not given by most other wine study programs."
- Daniel Rogenskion Aug 17, 2020"The IWS program is complex, however the information is presented in a way that helps you learn and most importantly retain knowledge. Completing this program has finally given me a clear understandIng of this incredibly diverse country, it’s history, varietals, vinicultural practices and it’s wonderful people. "
- Samuel Keranson Aug 17, 2020"The course offers a fantastic view of Italian wine, putting the industry in the wider context of the country's history and culture and offering a distinct representation of each of the country's fascinating regions."
- Kenji Ohkumaon Aug 13, 2020"The style and quality of wine should be understood based on the viticulture and the vinification, which are frequently called six factors.In the IWS program these are described in a clear and appropriately detail manner. In the study I have found and found many pairs of cause and effect."
- Steve Mosteiroon Jul 27, 2020"I already have my Somm, Certified Specialist of Wine, and WSET III wine certifications and the IWS Unit 1 has been my favorite session so far. Cannot wait for IWS Unit 2"
- Mark Lunaon Jul 13, 2020"I'm a very big fan of WSG and I was very satisfied with all aspects of the Italian Wine Scholar program. The materials were extremely well presented, certainly very challenging, but very easy to follow. Having a WSET background, I was very impressed with details of each chapter, and the equal focus on both viticulture and vinification processes...plus the history portions of each chapter were outstanding. I plan to continue my education with the Wine Scholar Guild! "
- Julianneon Jul 9, 2020"The Italian Wine Scholar is an in-depth and comprehensive view of the various regions and wines. Alan Tardi is an excellent instructor and was always willing to share his insight and answer questions. I look forward to more programs about Italy. "
- Janice Stuberon Jul 7, 2020"I found the study materials exceptional and attribute the fact that I made use of them on a regular basis to my passing this course , thank you."
- William Torres Walshon Jul 7, 2020"Great Course and great material"
- Terrace Chumon Jul 2, 2020"The overall online program is user-friendly. Both the reading materials and the teaching sessions are clear and not difficult to comprehend. The practice questions, flash cards, and other auxiliary optional information are very helpful."
- Alessandra Ferreiraon Jun 29, 2020"All material is very good i think miss a general quiz with 100 questions"