Earn the Italian Wine Scholar™ (IWS) post-nominal via the online, independent study format or enroll in the 10-week, instructor-led online format including live review webinars
The Italian Wine Scholar™ online learning format includes for each unit:
- A suggested schedule of study with learning objectives for each region
- Live review webinars with acclaimed wine educators (*instructor-led format only)
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Downloadable maps of all Italian wine regions
- Pronunciation exercises to boosts your credibility
- A list of recommended wines to sample on your own or in a tasting group hosted by students enrolled in the online program
Pricing for the online study formats:
On-demand, start anytime
Price: $595 per unit
10-week instructor-led format:
Unit 1: Next session starts March 2, 2021
Unit 2: Next session starts March 4, 2021
Price: $695 per unit
Note: Unit 1 & 2 can be taken in any order
- Mark Rodriguezon Feb 3, 2021" Italy is a confusing and complex area to study. For advanced students of wine, this is a deeply rewarding and surprising program to take!"
- Joe Lutrarioon Dec 11, 2020"Fantastic program of study. Just the right amount of detail. Would thoroughly recommend. "
- 0on Dec 6, 2020"I have finished the French and Spanish wine scholar programs and it is amazing how WSG keeps improving it's way of teaching. The Italian program is so good, interesting and enlightening. "
- João Meloon Dec 1, 2020"I remember completing my degree in Viticulture and Enology in Italy and not understanding its wine regions, traditions, and styles. The Italian Wine Scholar program changed that for me, it gave me this depth of knowledge I was seeking and provided this bigger picture of the industry."
- Emiko Sekion Nov 7, 2020"It is very very worth to learn about Italian wines and its culture. It was very very hard to study within limited lead time but I am glad that I ecome to choose Italian wines that I want to drink by just reading the label. Thank you to everyone who is involved in this program, I appreciate it very much!"
- Yoko Itoon Nov 4, 2020"If necessary yes. I’m grateful for all the instructive materials and kind assistance toward the exams. It is quite fun to study with you here. So excited to learn more about Italian wines. Thank you! "
- Susan Ritceyon Oct 29, 2020"I love the wine scholar program. They’ve thought of everything. Written explanations, maps, side notes, pronunciation as well as quizzes. You learn about more than just grapes and wine. The history is fascinating. "
- Gino Pilatoon Oct 25, 2020"After being in the wine industry for over a decade, I feel that the Italian Wine Scholar program enhanced my previous knowledge while also providing new information with an easy and logical way to grasp and retain for the future. "
- Jae Joon Namon Oct 22, 2020"It helps to understand Italian wine in greater detail and depth."
- 0on Oct 22, 2020"The course was great fun and I look forward to future travels to Italia, when I can visit wineries with a new outlook and taste many of those varietals which I had never heard of. Thank you for the cohesive wine education. "
- Erinon Sep 16, 2020"I found the online Italian Wine Scholar Unit 1 to be an excellent program. I was able to do the reading on my own time and review the slides, videos and practice quizzes after each section. I have learned a lot about the Northern Italian wine regions which will help me in my role as a wine Sales Territory Manager. I'm looking forward to starting Unit 2 soon!"
- Catherine Greggon Aug 24, 2020"Exploring the wines of a country is a wonderful introduction to it's history, culture and people. IWS provides a comprehensive program of study that prepares one to know the range of wines available and the distinctive offerings from each region of Italy. I finish the program with confidence in my wine choices and in my recommendations to others because of the thoroughness of the preparation I received through the IWS. "
- Samuel Keranson Aug 17, 2020"The course offers a fantastic view of Italian wine, putting the industry in the wider context of the country's history and culture and offering a distinct representation of each of the country's fascinating regions."
- Kenji Ohkumaon Aug 13, 2020"The style and quality of wine should be understood based on the viticulture and the vinification, which are frequently called six factors.In the IWS program these are described in a clear and appropriately detail manner. In the study I have found and found many pairs of cause and effect."
- Janice Stuberon Jul 7, 2020"I found the study materials exceptional and attribute the fact that I made use of them on a regular basis to my passing this course , thank you."