Earn the Italian Wine Scholar™ (IWS) post-nominal via the online, independent study format or enroll in the 10-week, instructor-led online format including live review webinars
The Italian Wine Scholar™ online learning format includes for each unit:
- A suggested schedule of study with learning objectives for each region
- Live review webinars with acclaimed wine educators (*instructor-led format only)
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Downloadable maps of all Italian wine regions
- Pronunciation exercises to boosts your credibility
- A list of recommended wines to sample on your own or in a tasting group hosted by students enrolled in the online program
Pricing for the online study formats:
On-demand, start anytime
Price: $595 per unit
10-week instructor-led format:
Unit 1: Next session starts June 9, 2022
Unit 2: Next session starts March 3, 2022
Price: $695 per unit
Note: Unit 1 & 2 can be taken in any order
- Felipe Andres Avendano Calliniron Oct 1, 2022"In my opinion it helped me in my work, where we work only Italian wines, the maps help a lot, easy to use the website from the cell phone and the book is very complete, the only thing missing is to suggest some DOCG producers that you have to taste."
- Jose Renato Camilottion Sep 29, 2022"The IWS is by far the most comprehensive program about Italian wines. The rich material is designed to be logical, presenting key points of history, geography and climate, linked all those elements to grapes and traditions to each region. A truly delightful journey of culture, knowledge and learning about the fantastic world of wine. I highly recommend the IWS program. Congratulations to the WSG team! "
- Antonio Giustacchinion Sep 18, 2022"With WSC I discovered and understood dynamics about Italian wine that are hard to find in other programs, depens into the history, geography, traditions of each individual region as a starting point to describe the grape varieties used and the different denominations of origin. Not only can you get to know Italian wine in depth, but discover the whole Italy! "
- Jason Burnson Sep 6, 2022"The Italian Wine Scholar program is very clear and easy to understand and learn. I loved being able to study at my own pace with no pressure or deadlines. "
- Jessica Anne Tanon Sep 1, 2022"I loved the IWS program (U1 and U2) because it gave a good overview and somewhat in depth look into Italy's many DOC and DOCGs and their grapes. It was a good challenge to conquer the history and appellations of the 20 regions. Now, I feel almost complete (I still need to taste all the native grapes ;)) in my Italian wine studies, or have I only started. After completing the IWS and VIA certifications, I can say my journey into Italy has only begun, proper! I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to learn Italy without being overwhelmed."
- Stephanie Ketronon Aug 20, 2022"I highly recommend IWS for anyone who wants/needs to become more versed in the complicated, highly diverse world of Italian Wines."
- Stephen Dominic Peter Walshon Aug 6, 2022"The IWS Italian Wine Scholar Unit 1 opened my mind and eyes to parts of Italy I knew nothing about and provided me with in-depth knowledge on the wines from Northern Italy regions. I now read the whole wine menu in Italian restaurants and look for wines I learned about. I have chosen Vermintino and Barbara recently instead of the standard Soave or Chianti and had the pleasure to introduce and explain to my friends.The course is well structured and very well run."
- KiJung Kimon Jul 29, 2022"IWS program is absolutely great. Thanks for your service."
- Alejandro Espinozaon Jul 16, 2022"I find that I finally understand Italian wines, good explanations, I liked the online quizzes, and very important what you have done with the maps."
- Felipe Oliveiraon Jul 3, 2022"IWS is really a comprehensive and in-depth course. The course helped me a lot to deepen my knowledge about Italian wines."
- Thomas Schaalon Jun 30, 2022"This is a terrific course for a systematic comprehensive overview of Italian wines, region-by-region. Overall, a terrific learning experience ... as the course materials are top notch (especially the on-line educational portal). "
- Wai Chun Tangon Jun 28, 2022"Very comprehensive study materials. "
- Dain Pascocelloon Jun 20, 2022"The Italian Wine Scholar program provides all you need to master this endlessly fascinating country and its viticulture. I will definitely be recommending it to colleagues and the wine aficionados in my life."
- Wai Chun Tangon Jun 6, 2022"The materials are very easy to use and understand."
- Rebecca Loveon May 20, 2022"Wasatch Academy of Wine always executes and excellent program. Sheral Schowe has complete control of an excellent wine cellar for wines of the program, and has visited, and has a personal relationship, with many of the wineries, producers, winemakers and owners. Dr. Sue Geary, an educator, did an amazing job of presenting and controlling the class. She is extremely organized and generous with her personal and very complete study materials. She made my learning journey a joy!"