Master the wines of Northern Italy through 14 weeks of self-study fully supported by a comprehensive study manual, interactive e-learning modules for each region, and 7 live review webinars.
About the Italian Wine Scholar™ program:
The Italian Wine Scholar™ study & certification program was designed by native Italian, Maurizio Broggi, DWS, FWS with the support of the Italian wine DOC/G consortia.
The course is composed of two separate units:
- Unit 1: The Wines of Northern Italy
- Unit 2: The Wines of Central & Southern Italy
Students who pass the exam for Unit 1 and Unit 2 will earn the Italian Wine Scholar™ (IWS) post-nominal. After completion of this program, an educator, sommelier or wine enthusiast can teach, sell or enjoy Italian wines with poise and confidence.
Next course: IWS Unit 1 Online | 14-week Instructor-Led Format
Starts Feb. 27th
- A schedule of study with learning objectives for each region
- The Italian Wine Scholar™ Unit 1 online exam*
- Access to repeat-after-me pronunciation exercise
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Downloadable maps
- A list of recommended wines to sample on your own or in a tasting group organized by students enrolled in the online program