Meet Maurizio Broggi, Italian Wine Scholar Education Director
Maurizio has a number of super accomplishments and certifications. But what sets him apart is his keen attention to detail, his hunger for perfection and his passion for all that is Italy.
Maurizio Broggi has several years of experience in the wine industry. Since 2009 he worked as sommelier in Italy and as wine consultant for wine shops, restaurants and the various consorzi of Lombardia. In 2011 he left Italy and moved to China where he worked as wine ambassador for a wine distributor based in Hong Kong until 2014.
Maurizio earned the Diploma in Wine and Spirits (with Merit) from the Wine & Spirits Education Trust in 2015. He was awarded the Napa Valley Vintners Scholarship for being one of the WSET Diploma top scorers in North America. In 2013 , he obtained the Wine & Spirits Education Trust Advanced and Intermediate Levels, both with Distinction. He was awarded the Decanter Scholarship for top Advanced Level graduate and the WSET Book Prize for top score in the Intermediate Level.
His wine credentials also include the French Wine Scholar with Highest Honors, Certified Specialist of Wine from the Society of Wine Educators and Certified Sommelier from the Court of Master Sommeliers.
- Of Italian Origin
- WSET Diploma graduate awarded the 2015 Napa Valley Vintners Scholarship for being one of the top scorers in North America
- WSET Advanced Top World Scorer 2013, Level 2 Top Scorer 2013
- French Wine Scholar with Highest Honors
- AIS, member of Associazione Italiana Sommeliers
- Previously Wine Ambassador and Consultant for various Italian Consortia
- Also Certified Specialist of Wine (SWE) & Certified Sommelier (CMS)
In the creation and constant improvement of the Italian Wine Scholar program, Maurizio’s talent and expertise enjoy the support of our team for content development, e-learning development, marketing and communication and overall program administration.