Piedmont Wine Study Tour with Kerin O'Keefe
May 7 – May 12, 2023
YOUR 6 DAY PIEDMONT IMMERSION STUDY TOUR INCLUDES:
- Instruction throughout by Kerin O’Keefe, author & former Italian Editor at Wine Enthusiast Magazine
- Professional-level tours and extensive tastings at renowned wine producers
- Services of a tour manager throughout, to providing customer service and logistics support
- 2 nights at 4-star NH Collection Torino Piazza Carlina Hotel in Turin, double occupancy
- 3 nights at 4-star Hotel Calissano in Alba, double occupancy
- Welcome drink with your tour instructor and tour manager
- 5 buffet breakfasts
- 4 delicious lunches expertly matched with top-quality wines
- 2 gourmet dinners expertly matched with top-quality wines
- Deluxe, air-conditioned motor coach transportation throughout, with bottled water on-board
- All hotel and other taxes, and gratuities for included restaurants
MEET YOUR GUIDES
Your Guide: Kerin O'Keefe
- Award-winning journalist and author
- Former Italian Wine Editor at Wine Enthusiast Magazine
- Author of three books including "Barolo and Barbaresco the King and Queen of Italian Wine"
Your Tour Manager: Claudia Cesarino
Claudia Cesarino will assist the instructor and making sure logistics run smoothly as your tour manager.
Claudia’s career started in the international hospitality industry and event organising at the St. Regis Grand Hotel in Rome and then at Vinopolis in London. She then worked in India for the famous Italian wine company Marchesi Antinori, training the staff about wine at prestigious hotels like the Hyatt, Sheraton, Kempinski, Taj, Oberoi and Park.
Claudia is also a member of the Italian Sommelier Association and an experience guide specializing in Italy.
8 reasons to join us in Piedmont
- Discover the Piedmont wine region with an Italian wine expert, Kerin O’Keefe
- Explore Piedmont’s iconic wine villages including Alba, Asti, Barolo, Barbaresco, and Serralunga
- See the famous Langhe and Monferrato Hills firsthand and discover why they were made UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Delve into the fascinating terroirs of Barolo and Barbaresco, the king and queen of Italian wine
- Drink history as you learn about the evolution of the region’s wines and taste winemaking philosophy in the glass
- Experience insider tastings with winemakers at some of Piedmont’s most exalted wineries
- Compare vintages and vineyards as you learn local details directly from the people who grow the grapes and make the wine
- Lunch and dine in the region’s best restaurants and discover the region’s epicurean delights paired with fantastic local wines.
Travel with a group of wine students who are serious about wine, who are either wine professionals or committed wine lovers. Share an educational, epicurean, and unforgettable experience while mastering the world of Piedmont wines. Trips are open to people from all countries, and are held in English.
The Magic of Piedmont
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to travel through all the key appellations of this authentic wine region of Italy with a notable expert and fabulous instructor!
The stunning wines of Piedmont are among the best in the world. The noble Nebbiolo grape achieves a level of greatness in the hills of Barolo and Barbaresco that cannot be matched in any other wine region. Lesser-known wine treasures such as Barbera, Dolcetto, and Arneis are the everyday gems of industry insiders. Traveling to these small yet significant wine districts begets a level of understanding unreachable in books or podcasts. See and taste the difference between villages, appellations and vineyards.
CHECK OUT ALL UPCOMING WINE TOURS:
Our exceptional study trips offer intensive, professional-level, educational programming within the wines regions of France, Italy and Spain. Lead by top wine industry professionals, our itineraries take you into some of the best cellars and vineyards for hands-on learning and unparalleled tasting opportunities. What better way to connect theory with practice!
SWS Intensive in MalagaApr 16 - Apr 21, 2023
PiedmontMay 07 - May 12, 2023
RiojaMay 14 - May 19, 2023
TuscanyMay 21 - May 26, 2023
Languedoc-RoussillonMay 21 - May 26, 2023
Rhône ValleyJun 11 - Jun 16, 2023
ChampagneJun 20 - Jun 24, 2023
Loire ValleyJun 25 - Jun 30, 2023
BourgogneOct 08 - Oct 13, 2023
AlsaceOct 15 - Oct 20, 2023
BordeauxOct 22 - Oct 27, 2023
SicilyOct 22 - Oct 27, 2023
CatalunyaTo Be Announced