June 5 – June 10, 2022
Embark on our Sicily Study Tour!
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to travel through all the key appellations of this incredible and diverse wine region of Italy with a notable expert and fabulous instructor!
Sicilia’s position in the center of the Mediterranean Sea has made the island a nexus of cultural mixing and integration for millennia. This rich cultural heritage is matched by an amazingly diverse and complex range of wines and gastronomy that reflects all of the contributions made by the different civilizations who have settled here over the millennia.
Blessed with a varied range of terroirs, Sicily boasts some of the most distinctive grapes and wines of Italy. Old alberello vines of Nerello Mascalese and Carricante grow at high altitude on the slopes of the impressive volcano Etna. In the northeast corner of Sicily, Faro and Mamertino, are considered among the region most noteworthy terroirs. The southeast part of the island, famous for its unique Sicilian Baroque architecture, is the traditional home to Sicily’s flagship variety Nero d’Avola and Frappato.
- Discover the Sicily wine region with your instructor, Kerin O’Keefe, Italian Wine Editor for Wine Enthusiast Magazine.
- Delve into the fascinating volcanic terroirs of Etna and explore the other Sicily’s iconic wine appellations including Faro, Mamertino, Vittoria, Eloro and Noto.
- Sicilia boasts remarkable works of art, architecture, and literature and lays claim to one of Italy’s largest concentration of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Drink history as you learn about the evolution of the region’s wines and taste winemaking philosophy in the glass.
- Experience insider tastings with winemakers at some of Sicily’s most renowned wineries. Compare vintages and vineyards as you learn local details directly from the people who grow the grapes and make the wine.
- Lunch and dine in the region’s best restaurants and discover the region’s epicurean delights paired with fantastic wines from all over Sicily.
Travel with a group of wine students who are serious about wine, either as wine professionals or committed wine lovers. Share an educational, epicurean and unforgettable experience while mastering the world of Sicily. Trips are open to people from all countries, and are held in English.
Based on the current COVID situation and for the safety of our students and hosts, participants will be required to provide a proof of vaccination before joining a 2022 study trip.
WSG reserves the right to modify sanitary requirements at any time and at its sole discretion. For more information, please consult the study trips Terms and Conditions.
YOUR 6 DAY SICILY IMMERSION STUDY TOUR INCLUDES:
- Instruction throughout by author and Wine Enthusiast Magazine’s Italian Editor, Kerin O’Keefe
- All professional-level tours and extensive tastings at renowned wine producers
- Services of a Tour Manager throughout, to provide customer service and logistics support
- 3 nights at 4-star Albergo Villa Belvedere in Taormina, double occupancy
- 2 nights at 4-star Villa Carlotta in Ragusa, double occupancy
- Welcome drink with your tour instructor and tour manager.
- 5 buffet breakfasts
- 5 gourmet lunches expertly matched with top-quality wines
- 2 gastronomic dinners expertly matched with top-quality wines
- Deluxe, air-conditioned motor coach transportation throughout, with bottled water on-board
- All hotel and other taxes, and gratuities for included restaurants
MEET YOUR GUIDE
Your Guide: Kerin O'Keefe
- Award-winning Journalist and Author
- Italian Wine Editor at Wine Enthusiast Magazine
- Author of three books including "Barolo and Barbaresco the King and Queen of Italian Wine"
Your Tour Manager : Claudia Cesarino
Assisting the instructor and making sure logistics run smoothly and that your needs are answered will be Claudia Cesarino.
Claudia’s career started in the international hospitality industry and event organising at the St. Regis Grand Hotel in Rome and then at Vinopolis in London. She then worked in India for the famous Italian wine company Marchesi Antinori, training the staff about wine at prestigious hotels like the Hyatt, Sheraton, Kempinski, Taj, Oberoi and Park.
Now a very experienced wine tour guide, Claudia is a member of the Italian Sommelier Association.
CHECK OUT ALL UPCOMING WINE TOURS:
Our exceptional study trips offer intensive, professional-level, educational programming within the wines regions of France, Italy and Spain. Lead by top wine industry professionals, our itineraries take you into some of the best cellars and vineyards for hands-on learning and unparalleled tasting opportunities. What better way to connect theory with practice!
PiedmontMay 22 - May 27, 2022
CatalunyaMay 29 - Jun 03, 2022
SicilyJun 05 - Jun 10, 2022
ChampagneJun 14 - Jun 18, 2022
LoireJun 19 - Jun 24, 2022
BordeauxOct 09 - Oct 14, 2022
BourgogneOct 16 - Oct 21, 2022
RhôneOct 23 - Oct 28, 2022