Join Barbara Philip MW on a winelover’s tour of Northern Italian cuisine.
Discover why food and wine that grew up together make such timeless matches and why the table is the center of Italian culture, regardless of the region. Focus will be on ingredients, rather than technique, and how the food is enjoyed both in restaurants and at home.
The tour will start in the northwest, covering Val d’Aosta, Piedmont and Liguria than travel through Lombardy, Trentino Alto Adige, Veneto, Friuli and Emilia-Romagna.
Presenter: Barbara Philip MW
With her husband Iain, Barb runs Barbariain Wine Consulting and works as a presenter, judge and radio columnist on CBC Radio One’s “On The Coast”.
Learn more about Italian Wines:
Become a member of the Wine Scholar Guild to view recorded member webinars. JOIN NOW
- WSG Live: Andrew Jefford hosts Gaia Gaja
- Umbria, Secret Treasures Revealed with Tanya Morning Star Darling
- Heroic Viticulture in the Lagoon of Venice with JC Viens
- An introduction to Sake – Flavours, Production and Food Pairing with Sarasa Suzuki
- Discovering the Magical Range of Abruzzo's Wines with Susannah Gold