A 262-page comprehensive study manual on the wines of Northern Italy that doubles as a reference book for wine professionals.
The Italian Wine Scholar Unit 1 study manual covers the wines regions of Northern Italy:
- Valle d’Aosta
- Alto Adige
- Friuli-Venezia Giulia
This manual also includes a Foundation Section putting all of italy into perspective when it comes to location, climate, topogrpahy, history and culture, wine laws, vine growing and winemaking.
The manual follows a regional approach with strong tie-ins to terroir.
Each chapter is designed for maximum content retention and utilizes a systematic approach, allowing the student to compare and contrast each of the Italian wine regions covered.
The most comprehensive and up-to-date coverage of Italy bar none:
- The manual is current and discuss the most recent trends.
- They are printed in full-color, are rich in imagery and peppered with the iconic wine labels of each region.
- Every Italian wine DOC/G is discussed (vs. just mentioned) and triaged by need-to-know icons.
- Emphasis is given to the flavor and structure profiles of DOC/G wines.
- Contains accurate, detailed and custom-designed, proprietary wine maps for each Italian region.
- Each Italian wine region is put into historical, geographic and cultural context.
- Emphasis is put on the white and red grapes of Italy and their flavor profiles
"An immediate must for the trade at all levels..."
Martin Sinkoff, VP and Director of Marketing, Frederick Wildman And Sons