THE FRENCH WINE SCHOLAR™ PROGRAM IS THE INDUSTRY'S MOST RESPECTED CERTIFICATION COURSE
ON THE WINES OF FRANCE
- Nicholas Polettoon Nov 20, 2022"The FWS study program is one of the most complete and coherent wine programs I have ever experienced. The additional learning tools (videos, maps, flashcards) were incredible. I have not seen an education platform with this many available resources. The teaching was easy to follow and I came away knowing so much more about French wine, history and geography. I really feel as though I am now an expert. Thank you!"
- Nanako Yabeon Nov 17, 2022"The program is complete both in theory from the study materials and in practice with the wine tastings. All the maps are very helpful"
- Cindy Gourlieon Nov 2, 2022"What a great program! Have taken WSET 1-3, CSW and CMS. This was by far my favorite. I really enjoyed the in depth look at history, local cuisine and deep insight into all things terroir. The course was very easy to maneuver independently . I will highly recommend this course as a supplement to other wine certifications especially with the in depth dive into regions that laid the foundation for all others. "
- Luiz Gustavo Ams Presteson Nov 1, 2022"I am very happy with everything that I got from a personal study from FWS course. Its a lot of new information acquired. Thank you !"
- Serge Perrin Merinoson Sep 15, 2022"Deep dive in french wines. Very complementary to other reputed wines curriculums (e.g. WSET3). As a french citizen, I have learnt many things that the great majority of my compatriots (including wine lovers) have no clues about. "
- Jocelyn NICOLASon Aug 22, 2022"An exciting learning experience, with a global vision of french wines (geology, history, geography, regulations, wine industry, winemaking, wine characteristics etc...) ! Jocelyn NICOLAS, FWS"
- Rosana Pasinion Aug 4, 2022"WSG has definetelly the best online materials for the student to study. It's clear, it's simple and shows the details of terroirs, history, wines in a very easy and lovey way. The classes are great and pleasant. I'll definetelly go on studying with WSG."
- Celia Coriglianoon Aug 3, 2022"Very satisfied. Concepts solidificated. Very good ilustration that helps the information capture."
- Che Chun Alex Tsuion Jul 28, 2022"A top-notch qualification enabling everybody to take a deep dive into French Wines! The materials are incredibly well written and the online studying materials are very helpful as well. I especially like the recently-published list of recommended producers and appreciate that there are hundreds of high-quality wine labels presented as examples throughout the online learning module."
- Edward Halibozekon Jul 26, 2022"Great program with excellent course material. Perhaps too much information for a short term course. "
- Ronbenitezon Jul 26, 2022"Was fun, look forward to the next one"
- Adam Saunon Jul 13, 2022"I would highly recommend this course to any professional or enthusiast who has an interest in French wine. The course goes into great detail giving you a deep understanding of the history, climate, viticulture, winemaking, key wine styles and AOCs of all the French wine regions. It really immerses you in the culture of France and it will make you want to travel to each and every one of the regions!"
- I Putu Rio Chandrabawa Adi Wigunaon Jun 23, 2022"I would definitely recommend everyone to take WSG courses to expand their knowledge of wine...looking to further dig down the world of wine, you can't be wrong with entrusting that journey with WSG. The materials are well-designed by experts in such a way that can be easily digested despite the sheer amount of depth."
- Mark Snowon Jun 1, 2022"The French Wine Scholar course is an exercise in excellence. The materials are rigorously crafted by people who obviously love the wines of the region, and the information within is invaluable to anyone seeking advanced knowledge of this most famous of winemaking countries. The textbook will continue to be a resource for me for years to come. "
- Tim Henshawon May 26, 2022"A very interesting and thoroughly enjoyable course, that combines Classroom, Online and private study opportunities, with the added bonus of being able to taste the wines from the various regions, which helps to cement the idea of Terroir into the style and profile of the regions."
The French Wine Scholar™ education program is the most advanced, comprehensive, and up-to-date French wine course available. The syllabus takes a regional approach and discusses all French wine appellations and the factors that shape their identities.
The program provides committed students of wine with an unparalleled set of study tools that are designed to maximize learning and boost knowledge retention.
The French Wine Scholar study and certification program confers a post-nominal to wine professionals and enthusiasts who successfully pass the certification exam (Ex: John Smith, FWS). With a school network encompassing 30 countries on 5 continents, the FWS credential has true international recognition.
It was created by WSG Education Director, Lisa M. Airey CWE, with the support of the French Ministry of Agriculture which knighted her in recognition of the program's exceptional level of depth, accuracy, detail, and academic rigor as well as its impact on the global wine industry.
The French Wine Scholar™ program is available in distance-learning format and through a global network of Approved Program Providers that offer classroom instruction coupled with tutored tastings.
STUDY OPTION 1 | ONLINE LEARNING
STUDY WHEN YOU WANT, AT YOUR OWN PACE, AT HOME, AT THE OFFICE OR WHILE TRAVELING
Earn the French Wine Scholar™ (FWS) post-nominal via the online, independent study format or enroll in the 10-week, instructor-led online format including 10 live review webinars.
The French Wine scholar™ online learning format includes:
- A comprehensive 330-page study manual with illustrations, maps, and graphics, available in print + e-book formats
- 1-year access to our interactive and user-friendly e-learning platform including online learning modules, pronunciation exercises, quizzes and flashcards
- 10 live review webinars* with acclaimed wine educators *instructor-led format only
- A suggested schedule of study* with learning objectives that provide detailed assessment criteria for mastery
- A list of recommended wines to sample on your own or in a tasting group
- An online exam sit (100 multipe choice questions).
Louis-Fabrice Latour, Chairman at Maison Louis Latour
STUDY OPTION 2 | CLASSROOM LEARNING
AVAILABLE AROUND THE GLOBE!
The French Wine Scholar™ program is offered by WSG Approved Program Providers in 30 countries and 5 continents.
French Wine Scholar™ classes are offered by licensed program providers and delivered by an approved FWS instructor. This study format includes:
- Classroom instruction with tutored tastings
- A copy of the FWS study manual
- Access to the FWS online study modules & quizzes for class prep & review
- In-classroom exam sit
All FWS program providers teach from the same Wine Scholar Guild-developed presentations and are supplied with uniform teaching materials.
"The French Wine Scholar manual has once again proven why the Wine Scholar Guild is one of the best wine education programs in the world."Nicholas PolettoDirector of Education at Kobrand Corporation"Indispensable for any wine trade professional who works with French wine. Bravo!”Martin SinkoffVP and Director of Marketing, Frederick Wildman And Sons"Anyone wanting to learn about French wines needs to take this program; there is no better program out there"Kevin ClearyOwner/Director at Vermont Wine School"I cannot think of a better way to dive in deep on the wines of France to prepare for the Advanced & Master Sommelier exams, WSET Diploma or MW"David Glancy MS, CWE, FWSFounder of San Francisco Wine School"The level of detail and quality of the materials make this program a must-do for any serious student of wine"Peter Neptune, MS, CWE, FWSFounder of The Neptune School of Wine"The French Wine Scholar Program is the industry's most comprehensive, in-depth course on the wines of France"Jay Youmans, MWFounder of Capital Wine School"My most sincere appreciation goes to the WSG team for their great work to make French wines so much fun and easy to learn"Xavier BarlierSr. VP, Marketing & Communication at Maisons Marques & Domaines"I only wish I had this book when I began studying French wine!"Peter Marks, MWVP of Education at Constellation Academy of Wine"I would recommend the FWS program to any trade member wishing to increase his/her expertise in French wine and validate the same. This is wine education at its best!"Louis-Fabrice LatourChairman at Maison Louis Latour