The most celebrated examples of Barolo are among the finest examples of terroir anywhere in the wine world. Thanks to soil formations from millions of years ago, along with climatic conditions, Barolos from various communes can often vary greatly in style. Yet beyond the terroir of site specific, there is also a human terroir at work, as enologists employ different techniques in their cellars.
In this webinar, we will explore the various styles of Barolo as driven by the human touch, from strict traditionalism to a more modern approach, we will discuss the characteristics of the finest producers and the finest wines of Barolo.
Presenter: Tom Hyland
Tom Hyland is a Chicago-based wine writer/educator and photographer, specializing in Italian wines.
He has authored two books on Italian wines, and has conducted seminars for the trade on various Italian wines in Chicago, New York and in Bordeaux at VinExpo.
Learn more about Italian Wines:
Become a member of the Wine Scholar Guild to view recorded member webinars. JOIN NOW
- More than Nebbiolo – Delving into Piedmont’s Lesser Known Indigenous Varieties with Robin Kick MW
- 5 Trending Italian Red Grape Varieties
- History, origin and all about Montepulciano with Ciro Pirone
- 5 Trending Italian White Grape Varieties
- Orvieto: The Magic and Mystery of the Place and Its Wines with Tanya Morning Star Darling