The Spanish Wine Scholar™ distance-learning format includes:
- A suggested schedule of study with learning objectives for each region
- Live review webinars with Rick Fisher, SWS Education Director*
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Downloadable maps of all Spanish wine regions
- Pronunciation exercises to boosts your credibility
- A list of recommended wines to sample on your own or in a tasting group hosted by students enrolled in the online program
*Instructor-led format only
PRICING FOR THE ONLINE STUDY FORMATS:
Independent study format
On-demand, start anytimePrice: $595
Recognizing the exceptional depth and accuracy of the program, Wines from Spain (ICEX - Spain's Trade & Investment Government Agency) has endorsed the program.
- Aleksandron Feb 28, 2021"Spanish Wine Scholar has been a true revalation for me. After 8 years in wine industry this was the first time i was really able to dive deep into Spain as wine country. SWS helped me trully understand, appreciate and strengthen my love and passion for spanish wines and culture. Certainly it is a massive beggining of my spanish journey, that i hope will last a lifetime. I totally recommend taking any of WSG programms of one's choice for anyone who is as passionate as i am in order to get some really serious and in depth knowledge on subject. Bravo WSG! And thank you! "
- Adam Zhangon Feb 20, 2021"The content of this program is very well organized and the interactive e-learning modules is extremely helpful, one can certainly become an expert in Spanish wine once finished studying this program! "
- Francisco Riveroson Feb 11, 2021" I loved the depth of the materials, and Rick Fisher has a way of simplifying the hardest subjects. The book is one of the most important reference books I have, and can always count on it. "
- 0on Dec 15, 2020"The combination of text and well laid out and reinforcing on-line learning resource is excellent. "
- Sarah Timbrook-Nugenton Dec 4, 2020"Spanish wine is such an important category at retail but not well understood; the course content includes the very latest developments in DO regulations and grounds them in an understanding of history. Well done!"
- alexandremaon Oct 15, 2020"WSG offers me a giant window through which I am able to see the colorful wine world. "
- Richard F. LaMountainon Sep 26, 2020"I thoroughly enjoyed the Spanish Wine Scholar course, which provided detailed information about the wines and wine regions of Spain. The instructional materials were concise, comprehensive, and fun to read. Mimi Martin and her fellow instructors at Portland's Wine and Spirit Archive knew the subject matter inside and out and purveyed it in a clear, enthusiastic, and professional manner. "
- Catherine Oconnoron Aug 31, 2020"Great deep dive into the wine regions of Spain and the cultural aspects affecting wine styles. Rick Fisher's passion for Spanish wines jump off the pages of the book - it's like going on a wine country tour without leaving your seat."
- Ettore Donadeoon Aug 31, 2020"It is a deep, but very well structured course, with lots of information that are usually impossible to find all in one place elsewhere. The manual has a clear writing and very beautiful maps. Each appellation is precisely broken down into percentage of wine styles, soil, authorized grapes, preferred grapes etc, making the learning easier. In fact I would like this structure to be adopted also in the manual of other programs, like the Italian Wine Scholar."
- Hf George Makon Aug 13, 2020"Eliminating all the fears for those who believe that Spanish wines are difficult to understand and learn. A great chance to explore hidden gems in the wine world within limited budget."
- Nicholas Forseyon Jul 8, 2020"The WSG Spanish Wine Scholar course is an enjoyable, informative and well-structured learning programme that provides an insightful overview whilst going through each of the regions in detail. The history, diverse landscapes, climates and peoples that make up Spain and how they contribute to the many different styles of wines produced there are brought together in their program. I'd recommend it to anyone with an appreciation of Spanish wine or wine in general."
- Hf George Makon Jul 8, 2020"Providing in-depth knowledge for Spanish Wines"
- Jenny Van Lieshouton Jul 6, 2020"Spain is a huge wine country and you can easily get lost in the numerous wine regions and appellations. The Spanish Wine Scholar program provides you with a clear and comprehensive overview of this dynamic wine country. The incorporation of different influencing factors (history, topography, climate etc) of each region makes you better understand the regions and their wine styles. And it makes you want to taste all the wines! "
- Ednajar Macedo Filhoon Jun 22, 2020"SWS textbook is written in a very approachable format, easy to understand. The on line supplement materials and quizzes also are very helpful stressing most important points that you should pay attention. Don' t be affraid on chosing the Independent Study Format, I strongly recomend you! "
- Kurt Garbarson Jun 21, 2020"The Spanish Wine Scholar program was very comprehensive and I learned a great deal about a country that is generally underrepresented in most other wine programs. I've enjoyed many great Spanish wines while participating in this program."