The Spanish Wine Scholar™ distance-learning format includes:
- A suggested schedule of study with learning objectives for each region
- Live review webinars with Rick Fisher, SWS Education Director*
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Downloadable maps of all Spanish wine regions
- Pronunciation exercises to boosts your credibility
- A list of recommended wines to sample on your own or in a tasting group hosted by students enrolled in the online program
*Instructor-led format only
PRICING FOR THE ONLINE STUDY FORMATS:
Independent study format
On-demand, start anytimePrice: $595
Recognizing the exceptional depth and accuracy of the program, Wines from Spain (ICEX - Spain's Trade & Investment Government Agency) has endorsed the program.
- Rory O’Donnellon Nov 22, 2020"The SWS is an excellent course for any wine enthusiast who wants to gain a deep understanding of Spanish wines. Well done to Rick & the WSG team on developing this program. "
- Thomas Burckellon Nov 20, 2020"Through the Spanish Wine Scholar program, the country of Spain and its rich history was revealed through wine. From the stones of vineyards to the castles of kings and queens, wine was the link to this country’s story. I leave this program with so much more than wine knowledge! Thank you Rick, our instructor, for taking us on this journey. Salud WSG! "
- Rachel Schneidmillon Nov 2, 2020"As someone who's taken the WSET 2&3 courses, I can confidently say that the materials and instructor for the Spanish Wine Scholar program are top-notch. I felt that the webinar sessions and the book were tightly aligned and both very effective in learning all we need to know about the wine regions of Spain. There were also extra resources for self-study that I found extremely useful when studying for the final exam. Overall, a great program with a great instructor. Thank you, Rick! "
- Alexandre Maon Oct 15, 2020"WSG offers me a giant window through which I am able to see the colorful wine world. "
- Andrew Woodon Oct 13, 2020"Thoroughly enjoyed SWS, it has been many years since undertaking wine study, and found the program and format, informative, interesting and fun. Personally captured the essence of the world wine and presented it in an easy educational format. Highly recommend for professional or personal growth."
- Matt Marcewiczon Oct 4, 2020"The Spanish Wine Scholar program is a much needed deep dive into the dynamic world of Spanish wine. This exceptional course will give wine professionals a deep understanding of the land and climate, as well as the unique complexities of each region. The well detailed presentation of history and culture provides a window into the fascinating and unique tapestry that makes Spain so magical. I can't recommend this program enough. Thank you!"
- Richard F. LaMountainon Sep 26, 2020"I thoroughly enjoyed the Spanish Wine Scholar course, which provided detailed information about the wines and wine regions of Spain. The instructional materials were concise, comprehensive, and fun to read. Mimi Martin and her fellow instructors at Portland's Wine and Spirit Archive knew the subject matter inside and out and purveyed it in a clear, enthusiastic, and professional manner. "
- Catherine Oconnoron Aug 31, 2020"Great deep dive into the wine regions of Spain and the cultural aspects affecting wine styles. Rick Fisher's passion for Spanish wines jump off the pages of the book - it's like going on a wine country tour without leaving your seat."
- Ettore Donadeoon Aug 31, 2020"It is a deep, but very well structured course, with lots of information that are usually impossible to find all in one place elsewhere. The manual has a clear writing and very beautiful maps. Each appellation is precisely broken down into percentage of wine styles, soil, authorized grapes, preferred grapes etc, making the learning easier. In fact I would like this structure to be adopted also in the manual of other programs, like the Italian Wine Scholar."
- Amon Ferryon Aug 25, 2020"The Spanish program was fantastic. The material was well presented both in written format and during the presentations. I commend Rick for his ability to take a country rich in history and wine making and distilling it down to a level that is understandable and easy to comprehend. I learned alot not only about the various wines of Spain but also the geography and history. Thanks! "
- Molly Ann Brookson Aug 16, 2020"Studying Spain feels “simpler” that it’s European neighbors, but the country has a rapidly expanding, dynamic breadth of world class wines at accessible value. Rick Fisher’s enthusiasm, and the intensive program he created with Wine Scholar Guild, have paved a clear path for a nuanced and powerful understanding of this diverse county."
- Hf George Makon Aug 13, 2020"Eliminating all the fears for those who believe that Spanish wines are difficult to understand and learn. A great chance to explore hidden gems in the wine world within limited budget."
- Alberto Martinez-Interianoon Jul 16, 2020"The Spanish Wine Scholar is a fantastic program to get an in-depth view of all the Spanish wine regions. Taking a model from the successful French and Italian Wine scholar programs, it follows a well-structured approach for the main features in the environment (climate, soils, topography, grapes) as well as key viticulture and verification methods to better understand the traditional wines of the main DOs of Spain. Highly Recommended for both the professional and enthusiast interested in learning more about Spanish wine! "
- Crystal Wilsonon Jul 16, 2020"The WSG Spain program is a fantastic way to learn more about Spain in general as well as wine specifically. I'm excited to go to a Spanish restaurant and start working through their wine list. and I can't wait to go back to Spain!"
- Eugene O'Brienon Jul 10, 2020"I would highly recommend the SWS course to not just those that are working in the world of wine but also to those that may be new to wines and are curious to know more! The study manual and online study guides are highly intuitive and interesting for all levels of wine lovers!"