Congratulations to Sunny Jongsaritwang, IWS, for passing the Italian Wine Scholar exam with highest honors!
I’m a wine enthusiast. I work as a VP in corporate finance / mergers & acquisitions area for a public company. In 2008, the company relocated me to live in Switzerland right in the middle of Europe for ten years. While there, I played badminton competitively in multiple tournaments across Europe. These events gave me opportunities not only to make new friends, but also to visit wine regions and try their wines across Europe. This is how I became passionate about European culture and wine, and hence started my wine education journey.
My completed certifications are:
• Italian Wine Scholar (Highest Honors, score 100)
• Spanish Wine Scholar (Highest Honors, score 100)
• French Wine Scholar (Highest Honors, score 98)
• WSET Level 2 and Level 3 (WSET, London, Pass with Distinction, 98%)
• California Wine Appellation Specialist (San Francisco Wine School, Honors, 100%)
• Mastering Australian Wine Certificate (Sydney Wine Academy TAFE NSW, Australia, Distinction, 100 scores)
• Certificate of Bordeaux Wine and Grands Crus Level (Bordeaux L’Ecole du Vin, France)
• Champagne Wine Certificate (Comite Champagne MOOC, France)
I am currently enrolled in:
• WSET Diploma Level 4
• Certified Specialist of Wine (Society of Wine Educators)
The IWS program (as well as FWS and SWS) tremendously helps me prepare for the WSET Diploma study as it provides deep-dive knowledge into the wine regions of the top 3 countries.
The IWS program strikes a great balance between depth and breadth in studying Italian wine regions not found in other programs. The ability to go through key aspects of wine regions and grape varieties while also tasting these obscure wines alongside helps bring theory and tasting knowledge together in one sitting. Moreover, Maurizio Broggi has an amazing knowledge and insights verified by the Consorzio and is definitely one of the best Italian wine educators in the industry.