The most successful retailers create a strategy that is so different and compelling that it renders competitors irrelevant and they are written up in major business magazines for how well they implement that strategy in such a way that core customers are bonded and the competitors find it hard to copy.
Innovative offerings from a variety of industries have attempted to create niches that were protected from competition. Brands such Walmart, Total Wine, IKEA, Binny’s Beverage Depot, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Best Buy Geek Squad and dozens of others have been able to maintain a distinctive offering that attracts an extremely loyal customer base.
How? Are there any common characteristics that these brands share? Although each is different with respect to strategy and context, it is possible to observe some factors that are associated with successful new retail strategies. Not all are always present but there are cases in which the absence of even one can be fatal.
Presenter: Zach Milne-Haverty of Beverage Trade Network (BTN)
This session will be presented by Zach Milne-Haverty of Beverage Trade Network (BTN), one of the world‘s leading networks for beverage, wine, spirits and beer importers, distributors, producers and related companies.
Become a member of the Wine Scholar Guild to view recorded member webinars. JOIN NOW
- Navigating the Landscape of Luxury Wine with Peter Yeung and Dr. Liz Thach, MW
- Upselling in the On-premise Market with Lisa Airey
- Hungry for Wine: A Discussion with Cathy Huyghe
- When Choosing a Wine Label, Women are from Hollywood and Men are from Boston with Dr. Wolf
- France in the International Wine Marketplace with Roger Bohmrich MW