Champagne specialist Essi Avellan MW hosts a live discussion on the latest trends in Champagne and outlook for the region's future. Her prestigious panel will be covering a broad range of trends from vineyards to winery as well as business. She will be joined by cellar master Cyril Brun of the prestigious house Charles Heidsieck, Vallée de la Marne Meunier specialist Cédric Moussé of Moussé Fils, renowned Côte des Bar proprietor and innovator Michel Drappier and professor of wine marketing and Master of Wine Steve Charters.
PRESENTER: ESSI AVELLAN MW
Champagne and sparkling wine specialist Essi Avellan was Finland’s first Master of Wine. Together with Tom Stevenson she is the author of the Christie’s World Encyclopedia of Champagne and Sparkling Wine. Essi is the organiser of the annual Grand Champagne Helsinki event and a jury member at the Champagne and Sparkling Wine World Championships. She has has been knighted as Chevalier l’Ordre du Mérite Agricole by the Minister of Agriculture of France.
MEET THE PANEL:
of Moussé Fils
Steve Charters MW
LEARN MORE ABOUT CHAMPAGNE:
- Champagne Master-Level Program
- Champagne Vintage Charts & Ratings
- Champagne Wine Map
- Blog: "Wine Trends in 2020: Champagne by the Numbers"
MEMBER SPECIAL: We remind WSG members that they are enjoying a 20% discount on the 4th edition of “Christie's Encyclopedia of Champagne and Sparkling Wine", written by Tom Stevenson and Essi Avellan MW. Details and coupon code HERE.
Become a member of the Wine Scholar Guild to view recorded member webinars. JOIN NOW
- An MW’s Guide to Tasting with Matthew Stubbs MW
- Meeting of the Minds - Trends in Bordeaux (Panel Discussion)
- Meeting of the Minds - A World of Tasting Methods (Panel Discussion)
- Meeting of the Minds - A Year in the Champagne Vineyard (Panel Discussion)
- Rosé Champagne in all its shades with Essi Avellan MW