Join Barbara Philip MW in another wine lover’s tour of Italian cuisine. This time the virtual voyage will take us through Tuscany, Umbria, Lazio and Abruzzo as we discover the classic regional ingredients and dishes. We will also have a chance to look at the famous wines that go with the food and why.
Presenter: Barbara Philips MW
Barbara Philip MW became the first Canadian woman to achieve the Master of Wine designation in 2007. Based in Vancouver, she is a Category Manager for BC Liquor Stores where she is responsible for European wines.
With her husband Iain, Barb runs Barbariain Wine Consulting and works as a presenter, judge and radio columnist on CBC Radio One’s “On The Coast”.
Learn more about Italian Wines:
- Italian Wine Scholar study and certification program
- Tuscany Wine Study Tours with Jane Hunt MW
- Piedmont Wine Study Tours with Kerin O'Keefe
- Italian Wine Blog Articles
Become a member of the Wine Scholar Guild to view recorded member webinars. JOIN NOW
- Discover the Undiscovered: Calabria and its Wines with Tommasella Perniciaro
- Valtellina and Sforzato – Explore the spectacular terroir of this mountainous Northern Region of Lombardy with Mario Cagnetta
- More than Nebbiolo – Delving into Piedmont’s Lesser Known Indigenous Varieties with Robin Kick MW
- 5 Trending Italian Red Grape Varieties
- History, origin and all about Montepulciano with Ciro Pirone