While Italian reds still attract most of the attention for the country's wines, there are today, dozens of outstanding whites.
This webinar will cover some of these classic and iconic white wines, ranging from north (Alto Adige and Friuli) to south (Campania and Sicily).
Some of the finest examples of appellations such as Soave as well as wines made from Verdicchio and Vermentino, and white blends from Friuli will be included along with several others, including rarities made from distinctive grapes such as Timorasso and Nosiola.
We will also look into reasons as to why Italian whites have improved so much, as well as the new innovations.
Presenter: Tom Hyland
Tom Hyland is a Chicago-based wine writer/educator and photographer, specializing in Italian wines.
He has authored two books on Italian wines, and has conducted seminars for the trade on various Italian wines in Chicago, New York and in Bordeaux at VinExpo.
Learn more about Italian Wines:
Become a member of the Wine Scholar Guild to view recorded member webinars. JOIN NOW
- 25 Italian Wine Terms You Need To Know
- Focus - The Wines of Valle d'Aosta: Not Quite Italian, Not Quite French
- Discover the Undiscovered: Calabria and its Wines with Tommasella Perniciaro
- Valtellina and Sforzato – Explore the spectacular terroir of this mountainous Northern Region of Lombardy with Mario Cagnetta
- 5 Trending Italian Red Grape Varieties