Amarone relies on one of the world’s oldest winemaking techniques which results in some of the world’s most delicious wine. Through a combination of natural factors and human intervention the indigenous Corvina grape and cast of supporting varieties gives us several different styles of Amarone.
Join Valpolicella wine specialist Deborah Parker Wong for a webinar that reveals some of the secrets of Valpolicella’s Amarone DOCG.
Presenter: Deborah Parker Wong
Deborah Parker Wong, DWSET is Global Wine Editor for SOMM Journal, The Tasting and Clever Root magazines and was recently appointed California Editor for the Slow Food Slow Wine Guide.
She teaches as an adjunct professor in the Wine Studies departments at Santa Rosa Junior College, Napa Valley College and Cabrillo College and owns a Wine & Spirit Education Trust school offering Level 2 and Level 3 certifications.
In addition to writing and speaking about wine, Deborah consults to producer groups, judges wine competitions and scores wine for Planet Grape Wine Review. Her motto is: To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.
Become a member of the Wine Scholar Guild to view recorded member webinars. JOIN NOW
- 25 Italian Wine Terms You Need To Know
- Focus - The Wines of Valle d'Aosta: Not Quite Italian, Not Quite French
- Discover the Undiscovered: Calabria and its Wines with Tommasella Perniciaro
- Valtellina and Sforzato – Explore the spectacular terroir of this mountainous Northern Region of Lombardy with Mario Cagnetta
- 5 Trending Italian Red Grape Varieties