Amarone relies on one of the world’s oldest winemaking techniques which results in some of the world’s most delicious wine. Through a combination of natural factors and human intervention the indigenous Corvina grape and cast of supporting varieties gives us several different styles of Amarone.
Join Valpolicella wine specialist Deborah Parker Wong for a webinar that reveals some of the secrets of Valpolicella’s Amarone DOCG.
Presenter: Deborah Parker Wong
Deborah Parker Wong, DWSET is Global Wine Editor for SOMM Journal, The Tasting and Clever Root magazines and was recently appointed California Editor for the Slow Food Slow Wine Guide.
She teaches as an adjunct professor in the Wine Studies departments at Santa Rosa Junior College, Napa Valley College and Cabrillo College and owns a Wine & Spirit Education Trust school offering Level 2 and Level 3 certifications.
In addition to writing and speaking about wine, Deborah consults to producer groups, judges wine competitions and scores wine for Planet Grape Wine Review. Her motto is: To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.
Become a member of the Wine Scholar Guild to view recorded member webinars. JOIN NOW
- More than Nebbiolo – Delving into Piedmont’s Lesser Known Indigenous Varieties with Robin Kick MW
- History, origin and all about Montepulciano with Ciro Pirone
- 5 Trending Italian White Grape Varieties
- Orvieto: The Magic and Mystery of the Place and Its Wines with Tanya Morning Star Darling
- Discovering Alto Piemonte