Barbaresco is one of Italy's iconic reds, yet in Piemonte, while it tends to be treated with great respect, it rarely receives the attention it deserves, due to the fame of Barolo.
In this webinar, we will explore this wine in detail, looking at the three communes that comprise the production zone, to the winemaking styles of the finest producers, that vary from ultra traditional to modern. We will of course, focus on a few famous producers, but will also examine the wines of several underrated vintners.
Presenter: Tom Hyland
Tom Hyland is a Chicago-based wine writer/educator and photographer, specializing in Italian wines.
He has authored two books on Italian wines, and has conducted seminars for the trade on various Italian wines in Chicago, New York and in Bordeaux at VinExpo.
Learn more about Italian Wines:
Become a member of the Wine Scholar Guild to view recorded member webinars. JOIN NOW
- 25 Italian Wine Terms You Need To Know
- Focus - The Wines of Valle d'Aosta: Not Quite Italian, Not Quite French
- Discover the Undiscovered: Calabria and its Wines with Tommasella Perniciaro
- Valtellina and Sforzato – Explore the spectacular terroir of this mountainous Northern Region of Lombardy with Mario Cagnetta
- 5 Trending Italian Red Grape Varieties