Join Barbara Philip MW on a winelover’s tour of Northern Italian cuisine.
Discover why food and wine that grew up together make such timeless matches and why the table is the center of Italian culture, regardless of the region. Focus will be on ingredients, rather than technique, and how the food is enjoyed both in restaurants and at home.
The tour will start in the northwest, covering Val d’Aosta, Piedmont and Liguria than travel through Lombardy, Trentino Alto Adige, Veneto, Friuli and Emilia-Romagna.
Presenter: Barbara Philip MW
With her husband Iain, Barb runs Barbariain Wine Consulting and works as a presenter, judge and radio columnist on CBC Radio One’s “On The Coast”.
Learn more about Italian Wines:
Become a member of the Wine Scholar Guild to view recorded member webinars. JOIN NOW
- More than Nebbiolo – Delving into Piedmont’s Lesser Known Indigenous Varieties with Robin Kick MW
- History, origin and all about Montepulciano with Ciro Pirone
- 5 Trending Italian White Grape Varieties
- Orvieto: The Magic and Mystery of the Place and Its Wines with Tanya Morning Star Darling
- Discovering Alto Piemonte