Chablis: not your average Chardonnay
Join Jay Youmans MW as he discusses the wines of Chablis. He will describe the characteristic aromas and flavors of the different levels of Chablis, ranging from Petit Chablis to Grand Cru. He will explain how terroir and winemaking impact this unique style of Chardonnay.
Presenter: Jay Youmans, MW
Jay has been involved in the wine industry for nearly 30 years. He owns Rock Creek Wine Merchants LLC. and The Capital Wine School, www.capitalwineschool.com. He is a Certified Burgundy Wine Educator, an Advanced Level Sommelier, a Certified Wine Educator, and a Master of Wine.
Jay is the 21st American to pass the MW exam, considered the most difficult of its kind in the world. His dissertation was on cool climate viticulture. He also won the Vina Errazuriz award for an outstanding paper on the business of wine.
Become a member of the Wine Scholar Guild to view recorded member webinars. JOIN NOW
- Clash of the Titans: 1er & Grand Crus of Puligny-Montrachet with Tim Magnus
- Pinot Noir: France's Great Grape - At Home in California with Karen MacNeil
- A Tale of Two Crus: Barolo and Burgundy with Christy Canterbury, MW
- Land of the Lost: Burgundy's La Cote Chalonnaise with Don Kinnan, CWE
- The Seemingly Impossible Rise of Olivier Chanzy with Christy Canterbury MW