Join Barbara Philip MW on a winelover’s tour of Northern Italian cuisine.
Discover why food and wine that grew up together make such timeless matches and why the table is the center of Italian culture, regardless of the region. Focus will be on ingredients, rather than technique, and how the food is enjoyed both in restaurants and at home.
The tour will start in the northwest, covering Val d’Aosta, Piedmont and Liguria than travel through Lombardy, Trentino Alto Adige, Veneto, Friuli and Emilia-Romagna.
Barbara Philip MW became the first Canadian woman to achieve the Master of Wine designation in 2007. Based in Vancouver, she is a Category Manager for BC Liquor Stores where she is responsible for European wines.
With her husband Iain, Barb runs Barbariain Wine Consulting and works as a presenter, judge and radio columnist on CBC Radio One’s “On The Coast”.
Learn more about Italian Wines:
Become a member of the Wine Scholar Guild to view recorded member webinars. JOIN NOW
- Orvieto, the Magic, and Mystery of the Place and it’s Wines with Tanya Morning Star Darling
- Noble Nebbiolo with Alan Tardi
- Let's Tour Italy's Lesser Known Regions: Basilicata and Molise with Susannah Gold
- Irpinia Who's Who: The Producers of Taurasi, Fiano di Avellino and Greco di Tufo with Tom Hyland
- Vini Macerati: The Skin-Contact White Wines of Friuli with Richard Baudains