This small Italian region is home to wonderful foods, gorgeous landscapes and views but few think of it in terms of its wines.
Together we will discuss Liguria's eight D.O.C. wine producing areas and the indigenous grapes used to make these wonderful wines.
Liguria has a host of varieties that few people know about and even fewer have tried.
Be in the know about Liguria. Join in our discussion as we travel through Liguria - Italy's unsung region.
Presenter: Susannah Gold:
Susannah presents wines and wine regions and through her company Vigneto Communications promotes wine and food products in the U.S. with her team.
She does media, trade relations and often helps to find importers and distribution.
She holds various wine certificates from schools around the world including an Italian sommelier certificate from the Associazione Italiana dei Sommeliers (AIS), the Diploma in Wines & Spirits (DipWSET) from the WSET, the CSW and CSS from the Society of Wine Educators and a certification from the Spanish Wine Academy.
She teaches wine classes, and has written for The Financial Times, Gourmet Retailer, Food, Food & Beverage Business, Snooth.com, the Organic Wine Journal, the Sommelier Journal, F&B Magazine and GDO Week.
She pens a wine blog called Avvinare.com.
Fluent in English, Italian, and French, she also speaks advanced Spanish and works with clients in all four languages.
Become a member of the Wine Scholar Guild to view recorded member webinars. JOIN NOW
- Orvieto, the Magic, and Mystery of the Place and it’s Wines with Tanya Morning Star Darling
- Noble Nebbiolo with Alan Tardi
- Let's Tour Italy's Lesser Known Regions: Basilicata and Molise with Susannah Gold
- Irpinia Who's Who: The Producers of Taurasi, Fiano di Avellino and Greco di Tufo with Tom Hyland
- Vini Macerati: The Skin-Contact White Wines of Friuli with Richard Baudains