Perception often outweighs reality and Bandol’s image is the perfect case in point.
Bandol reds have a reputation for being big, brooding, deep, dark tannic wines. The appellation is best known for its reds.
Its signature grape, Mourvédre, is said to need its feet in the sea and its head in the sun to ripen properly.
This webinar will bust the myths and give you the essential truths about the grape, the wine, and the appellation.
Presenter: Elizabeth Gabay MW
- Master of Wine specialized in Provence
- Provence Resident since 2002
- Speaker at international wine conferences and international wine judge
Learn more about French wines and Provence wines:
Become a member of the Wine Scholar Guild to view recorded member webinars. JOIN NOW
- The Claretes of Cigales and Ribera del Duero: historic rosés of north-eastern Spain with Elizabeth Gabay MW
- Cassis: a white wine enclave in Provence with Elizabeth Gabay MW
- Rosé: Up Close and Technical with Elizabeth Gabay MW
- The Ten Best French Red Wines: A Beginner’s Guide
- Provence Who's Who with Elizabeth Gabay MW