Who should enroll?
Anyone who wishes to understand Bordeaux from the ground up:
- Wine professionals
- Advanced Students of Wine
- Serious wine hobbyists
What are the prerequisites?
A strong wine background is suggested. Nevertheless, preparatory reading and e-learning modules are immediately accessible upon enrollment for those who need to brush up.
You will be provided with all the materials you need to enter the program from a position of strength:
- The French Wine Scholar Study Manual’s Bordeaux chapter
- Online access to the French Wine Scholar’s Bordeaux e-learning module and review quiz
What does the program include?
- Preparatory reading, e-learning module and quiz in advance of the core curriculum
- A comprehensive series of 12 on-demand courses presented by Dewey Markham Jr. and 7 live webinars presented by guest instructors
- Access to the video recording of the webinars for on-demand review
- Written study materials in timed installments
- Monthly review quizzes
- Instructor Q&A as well as student community forums
- Optional tasting assignments
- Suggested reading
- 2 live and interactive review session webinars presented by Dewey Markham Jr.
- Online exam registration*
Why study online?
- E-learning is flexible and available “on demand”. Your programing is delivered to your computer at your convenience, regardless of traffic or weather.
- E-learning makes the world smaller! By going online, this program allows students to have access to a pool of talented educators from France and the USA.
- E-learning is accessible, convenient, and affordable. No traffic jams. No travel. No parking costs.
What about tasting?
Purchase wine and work your way through the optional tasting assignments
What is the detailed curriculum?
To discover the detailed curriculum, click here.
*What does the exam entail?
The exam is composed of three separate sections: 50 multiple-choice questions (50 points), four short-answer essays (40 points) as well as a map identification exercise (10 points) and must be completed in 90 minutes. The Bordeaux Master-Level Certificate will be conferred to those individuals who sit the exam and achieve a score of 75 or higher.