Who should enroll?
Anyone who wishes to understand Champagne from the ground up:
- Wine professionals
- Advanced Students of Wine
- Serious wine hobbyists
What are the prerequisites?
A strong wine background is suggested. Nevertheless, preparatory reading and e-learning modules are immediately accessible upon enrollment for those who need to brush up.
You will be provided with all the materials you need to enter the program from a position of strength:
- The French Wine Scholar Study Manual’s Champagne chapter
- Online access to the French Wine Scholar’s Champagne e-learning module and review quiz
What does the program include?
- Preparatory reading assignments, online study modules and review quiz
- Fifteen live and recorded webinars by expert Champagne instructors
- A copy of the Champagne Master-Level Study Manual- Reading and tasting assignments to accompany each lecture
- Online review quizzes
- Access to instructors via the Q&A forum
- Online, proctored exam sit*
Why study online?
- E-learning is flexible and available “on demand”. Your programing is delivered to your computer at your convenience, regardless of traffic or weather.
- E-learning makes the world smaller! By going online, this program allows students to have access to a pool of talented educators from around the world.
- E-learning is accessible, convenient, and affordable. No traffic jams. No travel. No parking costs.
What about tasting?
The choice is yours: purchase wine and work your way through the optional tasting assignments or link up with fellow students at a participating WSG program provider for a day of review and tutored tasting.
What is the detailed curriculum?
To discover the detailed curriculum, click here.
*What does the exam entail?
The exam is composed of three separate sections: 50 multiple-choice questions (50 points), four short-answer essays (40 points) as well as a map identification exercise (10 points) and must be completed in 90 minutes. The Champagne Master-Level Certificate will be conferred to those individuals who sit the exam and achieve a score of 75 or higher.