Who should enroll?
Anyone who wishes to understand Champagne from the ground up:
- Wine professionals
- Advanced Students of Wine
- Serious wine hobbyists
What are the prerequisites?
A strong wine background is suggested. Nevertheless, preparatory reading and e-learning modules are immediately accessible upon enrollment for those who need to brush up.
You will be provided with all the materials you need to enter the program from a position of strength:
- The French Wine Scholar Study Manual’s Champagne chapter
- Online access to the French Wine Scholar’s Champagne e-learning module and review quiz
What does the program include?
- Preparatory reading assignments, online study modules and review quiz
- Seventeen live webinars by expert Champagne instructors- A copy of the FWS's Champagne Master-Level Study Manual- Reading and tasting assignments to accompany each lecture- Online review quizzes
- Access to instructors via the Q&A forum
- Optional study immersion trip to Champagne in June of 2015 (Additional fees apply.)
- Online, proctored exam sit
Why study online?
- E-learning is flexible and available “on demand”. Your programing is delivered to your computer at your convenience, regardless of traffic or weather.
- E-learning makes the world smaller! By going online, this program allows students to have access to a pool of talented educators from around the world.
- E-learning is accessible, convenient, and affordable. No traffic jams. No travel. No parking costs.
What about tasting?
The choice is yours: purchase wine and work your way through the optional tasting assignments or link up with fellow students at a participating FWS program provider for a day of review and tutored tasting.
What is the detailed curriculum?
To discover the detailed curriculum, click here.
What does the exam entail?
The exam is comprised of three separate sections: 50 multiple-choice questions, four short-answer questions and a map exercise. Passing score is 75/100