Who should enroll?
Anyone who wishes to understand Rhône Valley wines from the ground up:
- Wine Professionals
- Advanced Students of Wine
- Serious Wine Hobbyists
What are the prerequisites?
A strong wine background is suggested. Nevertheless, preparatory reading and e-learning modules are immediately accessible after registration for those who need to brush up.
You will be provided with all the materials you need to enter the program from a position of strength:
- The French Wine Scholar Study Manual’s chapter on the Rhône
- Online access to the French Wine Scholar’s Rhône e-learning module and review quiz
What does the program include?
- Preparatory reading assignments, online study modules and review quiz
- A comprehensive series of eleven webinars by our expert instructors
- A copy of the fully updated Rhône Master-Level Study Manual
- Reading and tasting assignments to accompany each lecture
- Online review quizzes
- Access to instructors via the Q&A forum
- Optional immersion trip to the Rhône in June of 2016 (Additional fees apply)
- Online, proctored exam sit
Want to learn more? Read the detailed abstracts of the 11 thematic lectures
Why study online?
- E-learning is flexible and available “on demand”. Your programming is delivered to your computer at your convenience, regardless of traffic or weather.
- E-learning makes the world smaller! By going online, this program allows students to have access to a pool of talented educators from France and the USA.
- E-learning is accessible, convenient, and affordable. No traffic jams. No travel. No parking costs.
What is the detailed curriculum?
To discover the detailed curriculum, click here.
What does the exam entail?
The exam is comprised of three separate sections: 50 multiple-choice questions, four short-answer questions and a map exercise. Passing score is 75/100.