The package includes: The FWS study manual, access to the FWS online course for one year and registration for the FWS online exam-sit. Does not include the one-year membership subscription.
Detail of the package:
French Wine Scholar study manual, 6th Edition
- A 274-page, full-color study manual on the wines of France
- The most current and comprehensive resource on the wines of France (6th edition released in Dec. 2016)
- Manual doubles as a reference book for wine professionals
One-year access to the FWS online course (e-learning modules)
The Wine Scholar Guild offers an interactive professional development program that is put into a measurable, meaningful format designed for maximum retention of content and ease of use.
Note: Online study program is in English only. Examination is available in all languages above.
Program's features and benefits:
- Students study all French wine regions online... at their own pace!
- Study materials are available 24/7 and registration is for one full year
- Interactive e-learning modules with loads of illustrations and full audio narration
- A comprehensive series of recorded webinars by Jay Youmans, Master of Wine, on regional wine styles with suggested wine list
- Interactive review quizzes for self-evaluation
- Instructor Q&A forum for assistance as well as Student Community forums
- Downloadable maps
Registration for the FWS online exam-sit
- The exam is composed of 100 multiple-choice questions and must be completed in 60 minutes.
- The French Wine Scholar credential will be conferred to those individuals who sit the exam and achieve a score of 75 or higher.
- Online exam candidates must have a computer (tablet not compatible), a good internet connection, a webcam and a microphone with speakers for proctoring purposes.
Important notice: Candidates cancelling less than 5 business days prior to their scheduled exam date or not showing up the day of will incur a $85 re-scheduling fee.