Who can participate?
This scholarship opportunity is open to all students officially enrolled in the Master of Wine program and at any stage of their studies.
Eligibility to apply for this scholarship will be verified by the Institute of Masters of Wine (IMW).
Using the form below, applicants are required to submit their resumé or bio accompanied by a 600- to 1000-word essay discussing the trends within a French, Italian or Spanish wine region or sub-region of their choice.
Scholarship recipients are offered enrollment in the next the French, Italian or Spanish Wine Scholar™ study & certification programs in either "independant study format" or "15-week, instructor-led format". These programs include:
- The corresponding Wine Scholar study manual
- A suggested schedule of study with learning objectives for each region
- Interactive e-learning modules on all wine regions of the covered country
- Live review webinars with WSG instructors
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Hundreds of online flashcards
- Instructor Q&A forum for assistance as well as Student Community forums
- Downloadable maps of all wine regions
- Access to repeat-after-me pronunciation exercises
Learn more about WSG's Wine Scholar™ programs
Nicolas Belfrage MW, Author of the acclaimed books on Italian wines “Barolo to Valpolicella” and “Brunello to Zibibbo”
Scholarship applications are sent to a committee of Wine Scholar Gild instructors for review.
Winner Announcements & Essay Publication:
Winners will be notified in writing and in advance of public announcement scheduled for the first quarter of 2022. Essays of the scholarship winners may be published on the WSG blog with author bio.
Bonne chance! Santé!
Jonas Tofterup, MW, Owner of Iberian Wine Academy in Malaga, Spain