The package includes:
The SWS study manual, access to interactive e-learning modules, and review webinars for one year as well as registration for the SWS online exam-sit. Does not include the one-year membership subscription.
Upon purchase, you will gain instant access to all of the course materials, including the e-book, followed shortly by your study manual in the mail.
Detail of the package:
Spanish Wine Scholar study manual
- A full-color printed study manual on the wines of Spain and digital e-book version
- The most current and comprehensive resource on the wines of Spain
- Manual doubles as a reference book for wine professionals
Professional instructor support with Rick Fisher, SWS Education Director
- A schedule of study with learning objectives for each region
- 13 on-demand webinars
- Live online Monthly Meet-ups with your instructor
- 16 interactive e-learning modules with loads of illustrations and videos
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- A list of recommended wines to sample on your own or in a tasting group organized by students enrolled in the online program
- Instructor Q&A forum for assistance as well as Student Community forums
- Downloadable maps
- Access to pronunciation exercise
- Study materials are available 24/7 and registration is for one full year
Registration for the SWS online exam-sit
- The exam is composed of 100 multiple-choice questions and must be completed in 60 minutes.
- The Spanish Wine Scholar credential will be conferred to those individuals who sit the exam and achieve a score of 75 or higher.
- Online exam candidates must have a computer (tablet not compatible), a good internet connection, a webcam and a microphone with speakers for proctoring purposes.
Recognizing the exceptional depth and accuracy of the program, Foods and Wines from Spain (ICEX - Spain's Trade & Investment Government Agency) has endorsed the program.